Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Master Modeler

Default Estes TARC Parts Assortment

For those of you that are or know a TARC mentor you might want to take a look at the Coming Soon page on the Estes Web Site. http://www.estesrockets.com/coming-soon/

There are two TARC part assortments that will soon be available to design and build your TARC rockets with.

The Small part assortment uses the egg capsule from the Eggs Express kit. Parts for both 24mm and 29mm motor mounts are supplied

The Large part assortment uses the Titan III nose and adapter from which either a BT-70 size egg capsule or nose cone size model can be created. Parts for both single 24mm and 29mm motor mounts are supplied along with a 24mm two engine cluster option.

John Boren
Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
The Large part assortment uses the Titan III nose and adapter from which either a BT-70 size egg capsule or nose cone size model can be created. Parts for both single 24mm and 29mm motor mounts are supplied along with a 24mm two engine cluster option.

Hmmmmm.......might this be foreshadowing the rerelease of a Titan III kit?

Bill
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
For those of you that are or know a TARC mentor you might want to take a look at the Coming Soon page on the Estes Web Site. http://www.estesrockets.com/coming-soon/

There are two TARC part assortments that will soon be available to design and build your TARC rockets with.

The Small part assortment uses the egg capsule from the Eggs Express kit. Parts for both 24mm and 29mm motor mounts are supplied

John Boren

This is absolutely super-cool. I will start alerting people to these parts assortments that are not yet for sale, but coming soon, so they can keep checking.

These lightweight but high quality parts are perfect for our new 500 gram California Model Rocket limit. It might be years before we get that changed in the State legislature. Have Mary call me if there is anything you folks can do to help.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:

John Boren

Look like an Enerjet Egg Crate model (or two) build will be in my future.

Bob
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I do not like Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector
our new 500 gram California Model Rocket limit. It might be years before we get that changed in the State legislature.

When did this happen?

Does this mean that HP certification is needed to fly what we used to call LMR at NSL?

Bill
Old 12-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
When did this happen?

Does this mean that HP certification is needed to fly what we used to call LMR at NSL?

Bill

Only for rockets over 500 grams or motors that are "reloadable" or "loadable".
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showth...6971#post136971

http://www.rocketryplanet.com/image...arification.pdf
Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Old Rocketeer

According to the regs, it looks like you need a $50 Pyrotechnic Operator--Rockets First/Second/Third Class permit in California to fly anything over 500 grams or to use a reloadable or loadable motor of any size. As for needing a HP cert, that depends on whether California has adopted NFPA 1125 in any way. But I assume a HP cert would be needed in order to be covered by the NAR or TRA insurance, so both permit and cert would be best.

I don't know how the California NSL is going to deal with this, maybe by considering out-of-state people as assistants? Just a guess.

I'm just glad I don't live there anymore.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falingtrea
According to the regs, it looks like you need a $50 Pyrotechnic Operator--Rockets First/Second/Third Class permit in California to fly anything over 500 grams or to use a reloadable or loadable motor of any size. As for needing a HP cert, that depends on whether California has adopted NFPA 1125 in any way. But I assume a HP cert would be needed in order to be covered by the NAR or TRA insurance, so both permit and cert would be best.

I don't know how the California NSL is going to deal with this, maybe by considering out-of-state people as assistants? Just a guess.

I'm just glad I don't live there anymore.

Clubs or individuals who have a fire permit to launch Model Rockets are impacted.

Clubs that have a fire permit to launch High Power Rockets are not as impacted as they already have supervising pyro ops on site.

Schools, TARC teams and those who launch in urban or suburban areas are highly unlikely to obtain a High Power Rocket launching permit.

Which is why these parts assortments are a great idea for TARC (not to get back on topic or anything....). A cluster of 2 Estes E9 motors should work nicely.

let's leave the regulatory discussion in the other threads where it belongs. And since one is closed and clearly states why it is closed, I'm not sure there is anything more to 'discuss'. The law is clear and their statement is clear.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:

Let's get this back on topic. This thread isn't to discuss the PRK's arsenine rules and regulations.

Don't you guys see something in the above parts lists that isn't currently being offered by Estes? Doesn't it have you wondering what they could have up their sleeves? Does it make you wonder what their other main competitor (think LPR) might be coming out with?
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Launching since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Let's get this back on topic. This thread isn't to discuss the PRK's arsenine rules and regulations.

Don't you guys see something in the above parts lists that isn't currently being offered by Estes? Doesn't it have you wondering what they could have up their sleeves? Does it make you wonder what their other main competitor (think LPR) might be coming out with?

That (speculating about other products) will not get this thread back on topic. The thread topic is Estes TARC Parts Assortment.

The two parts assortments listed as coming soon are EXCELLENT for TARC teams that want to build lightweight aerospace vehicles to meet the TARC goals. And they are not overpriced and they can launch them with less expensive motors.

WIN-WIN-WIN.

I've already spread the word on the TARC YahooGroup and ouor local section YahooGroup.

Of course, if you want to create one or more other threads to discuss other related topics, we'll all participate.