Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2018, 12:38 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Nike Hercules Scale Data Collection

I've been collecting data on the Nike Hercules for a while, and finally got it organized into a shared Dropbox folder:

Nike Hercules Scale Data Collection

That's about 800MB of stuff, pretty well organized into folders. It's been scraped from the web over quite a period, and I'm afraid I don't know the sources for most of it. If anyone knows more about these items I'd like to know and will add that info. If there is anything that should be removed, also please let me know.

Any additions would be welcome.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcp
I've been collecting data on the Nike Hercules for a while, and finally got it organized into a shared Dropbox folder:

Nike Hercules Scale Data Collection

That's about 800MB of stuff, pretty well organized into folders. It's been scraped from the web over quite a period, and I'm afraid I don't know the sources for most of it. If anyone knows more about these items I'd like to know and will add that info. If there is anything that should be removed, also please let me know.

Any additions would be welcome.

Gary,

Wherever did you find all of that data ?

Dave Fitch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  ARCHIVE.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  40.3 KB  
Old 07-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

100,000 files. I'm glad to see 3,000 folders... I'd hate to think of all of those files plopped into one folder (that's probably the way I'd have them).
Old 07-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Back in 2010, I took extensive photos of the round that is on display in a public park in St. Bonifacius, Minnesota. I see you have one photo of it. If you'd like more, let me know.

If you have any interest in the missile sites, back in 2010 and 2012, I took photos of what remains of the MS-70 IFC and launcher sites - including photos down in the underground missile pits.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcp
100,000 files. I'm glad to see 3,000 folders... I'd hate to think of all of those files plopped into one folder (that's probably the way I'd have them).

Though I suppose that could be 3000 folders with one file each, and one folder with 97000 files...
Old 07-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn-rocketry
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Back in 2010, I took extensive photos of the round that is on display in a public park in St. Bonifacius, Minnesota. I see you have one photo of it. If you'd like more, let me know.

If you have any interest in the missile sites, back in 2010 and 2012, I took photos of what remains of the MS-70 IFC and launcher sites - including photos down in the underground missile pits.

Silly rabbit, asking me if I want pics of a Nike Hercules...

I'd love to see more of the St. Bonifacius NH. It's neet to see that the city is taking care of it, unlike so many others. It looks like I can't create a Dropbox folder that's open to all for uploads, but I can share one if you PM me your email. Then you can drop pics right in there.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 08:44 PM
Level 3

Has anyone made any decals or have them drawn up to fit the booster section of the new Boyce Nike Hercules? Sandman had a nice set with his.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:21 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I've temporarily made my photos of the St. Boni Herc available on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L...M51h-Bfi1VkZPjD

Feel free to grab any or all of them.

After I took these photos, I exchanged some emails with the president of the local historical society about the missile and base, but now I can't seem to find them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcp
Silly rabbit, asking me if I want pics of a Nike Hercules...

I'd love to see more of the St. Bonifacius NH. It's neet to see that the city is taking care of it, unlike so many others. It looks like I can't create a Dropbox folder that's open to all for uploads, but I can share one if you PM me your email. Then you can drop pics right in there.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2018, 09:23 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I also have tons of photos that I took on two different visits to SF-88.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Master Modeler

beautiful pictures mn. It's too bad that other communities didn't recognize the historical impact of these sites and just wanted to cover up the "scars" as much as possible.

I am hesitant to delve into vcp's files though. I have a feeling that once I do that, I won't be seen for a long, long while.

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.