Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM
L2 achieved

Default Woosh invites you to the April launch at Bong

Have you ever noticed how many important Space Exploration events happened in the month of April? Here are a few:

April 12, 1961 - Vostok 1 is launched by the U.S.S.R., carrying Cosmonaut Yuri A. Gargarin, the first man in space. He orbits the Earth once.

April 23, 1967 - Soviet Soyuz 1 is launched, carrying Vladimir M. Komarov. On April 24 it crashed, killing Komarov, the first spaceflight fatality.

April 12, 1981 - The first manned mission of the Space Transportation System (STS-1), Columbia , is launched.

April 4, 1983 - The space shuttle Challenger lifts off for its first mission (STS-6) and has the first American space walk in nine years. Crew: Paul Weitz, Karol Bobko, Donald Peterson, and Story Musgrave.

April 24, 1990 - Space Shuttle Discovery launches on STS-31, deploying the Edwin P. Hubble Space Telescope (HST) astronomical observatory.

28 April 2001: An American multimillionaire, Dennis Tito, became the first space tourist with 7 days, 22 hours and 4 minutes in space.

With all of those launches who wouldn't want to make some of your own history and come join Woosh on Saturday April 26 from 10:00am to 3:00pm at Richard Bong State Park -AKA- Bong. We'll have rails and rods of assorted sizes . Your welcome to fly LPR,MPR, and HPR.

Beside the launch we will be having the 6th annual "Steve Chester Memorial Spring Cleaning Garage Sale and Swap Meet". An event held every spring in honor of Steve, who moved away in 2009 and thoughtfully brought his entire inventory of rocket stuff to his last sod field launch, to pass them along to good homes. If you haven't done so already, dig out those un-used (or slightly used), mismatched, or excess parts you've been saving for projects you may never get to, and pass them along. Rumor has it Sather is going to have a table of freebies.

If that wasn't enough to motivate you, don't forget Tim from Wildman hobbies will be there along with the trailer of temptation housing all of your rocketry needs

Look for more information including weather related updates at www.Wooshrocketry.org
Woosh NAR #558
Old 04-18-2014, 10:03 PM
BAR

Wish I could be there. Then again, with the swap meet, maybe it's better I'll miss it.

Keep that trailer lookin' good!
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 04-20-2014, 08:36 PM
L2 achieved

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Wish I could be there. Then again, with the swap meet, maybe it's better I'll miss it.

Keep that trailer lookin' good!

Sorry you can't make it , we will look to keep the trailer clean.
Woosh NAR #558
Old 04-20-2014, 08:37 PM
L2 achieved

I hope everyone was able to enjoy the holiday today with friends or family. Less than a week and we have our launch and swap meet. Our equipment is clean and ready to go so I hope to see you all at Bong on Saturday. Depending on the weather there is a possibility we may be on the eastern part of the runway. Look for signs on the road once your in the park.

Lets here what you guys are looking to fly this month.
Woosh NAR #558
Old 04-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Entropy Demonstrator

T minus 4 days. Starting to load up the RAT trailer... first time she has been out of the garage since winter's retreat. See you all on Saturday. Sather

"Gravity is a cruel and unpredictable mistress"
Old 04-24-2014, 01:06 PM
L2 achieved

Saturdays launch on the 26th is getting closer. Weather shows mid to upper 40's and 10 to 15 mile per hour winds.

Don't forget about the swap meet going on (see post #1) and get there early and see the clean club trailer. You can see all of the improvements and how easy it is now for all to pitch in and help set-up and take down.

Watch for signs in the park as we may be able to fly off the new runway location versus lot E.

I hear some interesting flights are planned. Chad has a 3 inch Dark-star debuting, Rex has his kit-bashed Patriot ready ( see how light that rocket is). Carl is hoping to achieve level 2. Sather will be there and who knows maybe we might see a Jay-hawk. Walt has his new science fiction creation Captain Nemo and I will be trying out my 4 inch Jart with redundant DD systems (a first for me).

These are but just a few of the many cool things that are happening this weekend. There is still time to make your plans and come hang out with Woosh at Bong on Saturday. See you there.
Woosh NAR #558
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 PM
stuck in the 80's

Wish I could. It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. Hopefully May.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Out to launch...

Sounds good, think I'll swing by! Dave, you need to get out this summer and give Cyntha some pointers, she's wielding a camera kinda like yours now.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:13 PM
L2 achieved

According to the latest report we will be setting up on the eastern side of the runway tomorrow.
Woosh NAR #558
Old 04-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Out to launch...

Our treasurer positively nailed his Level 2 Certification flight yesterday, WAY TO GO CARL!
http://youtu.be/fEww2Wer7ac