Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2018, 01:36 AM
Avid Builder

I do home printed decals, but look on those as a "better than nothing" solution. And certain colors printed on clear decal paper "disappear" on a black background. Yellows, oranges, and reds in particular. If you have a decal scan with white in it, you have to use white decal paper and edit the background to match the background color of the rocket. Did this with my Der Red Max clone, with so-so results. I would anticipate the same with the Andromeda decals.
Screen printed decals would be best, but not something easily done by the casual modeler. If you have a "pride and joy" type rocket, the best alternative might be a custom job by Mark at Stickershock 23. Ordered a Teros decal for my clone, it was perfect, even the chrome fin plates. Can screen printed decals do metallic? Fast turnaround, reasonable prices. And if you need a custom job instead of a reproduction, he'll work with you to give you exactly what you want. I'll try to load some pictures of my Red Max with home printed decals, and the Teros clone with Mark's vinyl. Checked the Stickershock 23 website, did not see USS Andromeda decals, but only did a quick scan. If not, contact Mark to see what he can do. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_20180613_202446.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  457.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_20180613_202900.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  516.0 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_20180613_202644.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  558.0 KB  

Last edited by BARGeezer : 06-14-2018 at 01:55 AM.