Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Banned

Default North Coast Rockets ... why the HUGE spike in prices lately?!

YORS,

Been following a few of the NCR kits and WOW!!! Over $300.00 for a Patriot, and other current kits are over $200.00!!!

Let me post a couple links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTES-PRO-SERIE...=item41569db53d

and another

http://cgi.ebay.com/Estes-Pro-Serie...=item1c18ecd74f

I have a couple of these kits and I am sure I could get Matt's signature on at least one ... so is now the time to sell?! Payed $59.99 + tax from Ryder's Hobbies in Michigan back in the early 90's for them ... seems like now is the time to get out from under them...

Jonathan
Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

Those aren't NCR kits--they're Estes label/pro series, which don't tend to come up nearly as often for sale as the NCR versions.

Then again, if the clown selling the "investment" A10-0's were to put one of these on the market, he'd probably start the bidding at $10,000 claiming they're the first commercial model/kit of mankind's first anti-missile defense system, one of civilization's crowning achievements. Surely worth a fortune .
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

2066 Pro Series Patriot above $300 is expensive but has sold at this level before in past few years. I've tracked 10 2066 kits sold on eBay since Feb 2008 and the average price is $229 and a high/low range of $470/$114. Prices include shipping charge.

High end Patriot kits are always in demand given their historical significant with the Iraq war.

In general, I am seeing increasing eBay prices for earlier collectable kits once again. Early K kits typically start at $100+ and are moving up.

Inflation is upon us and old Estes collectable kits may well be caught up in the desire to hold tangible items rather than dollars. I'm not saying Estes K kits are investment items, but there is undoubtably some appreciate potential while owning pieces of early model rocket history.