Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2014, 04:18 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Citation Bomarcs Have Both Kinds

Here are the instructions of my kit Clearly showing the Factory Hollow BNC. True, I have had the Gold Plastic ones in these kits myself. But I say, parts being interchanged so often in these few years, left Many variations. Isnt this PROOF??? Thanks, and know--I (hope) to be your friend in rocketry. Danny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00135.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  137.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00136.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  136.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DSC00137.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  123.0 KB  
Old 11-24-2014, 06:45 PM
CG to close to CP

I had to go back to your ebay listing to understand where you were going with this post. I agree there were Balsa Nose cone Bomarcs, from the Factory. Initially I was a sceptic, but saw one still in shrink wrap, and over the part of the box, that says pre-colored nose cone, it had a sticker, on the outside of the shrink wrap that said something to the fact of "Now includes Balsa Nose cone". Either way a rare kit.

Good luck on the best price for your kit!

Mikeyd
Old 11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I agree there were some Bomarc kits with hollow balsa nose cones.
The one on ebay appears to have a 1" hollow which indicates a BMS cone, whereas the Estes one had a hollow of about 0.850".

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 11-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Level 3

Yes I had one as a kid some 40+ years ago. I believe I bought it a dime store with some of my money from working in the field that summer. I remember having trouble as a kid to get a nice glide out of it and the nose cone tip didn't stay sharp long. It didn't come with engines like some of the Citation kits did.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd
I had to go back to your ebay listing to understand where you were going with this post. I agree there were Balsa Nose cone Bomarcs, from the Factory. Initially I was a sceptic, but saw one still in shrink wrap, and over the part of the box, that says pre-colored nose cone, it had a sticker, on the outside of the shrink wrap that said something to the fact of "Now includes Balsa Nose cone". Either way a rare kit.

Good luck on the best price for your kit!

Mikeyd

GOD Bless You! Thanks, Dan.

Last edited by dannymrmissile : 11-25-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:11 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I agree there were some Bomarc kits with hollow balsa nose cones.
The one on ebay appears to have a 1" hollow which indicates a BMS cone, whereas the Estes one had a hollow of about 0.850".

Yeah--I can see how easy it would be thru a Picture on ebay to see how a nose cone is .150 smaller than the other! (whew)- I guess the doubt will always remain. But I know the truth.....
BTW-I never saw a semroc one--(hollow).
Old 11-25-2014, 08:32 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Scrutney

At the time of the post saying the Balsa nose cone was fake, there were 92 Views on the kit. Within One Hour after , there were over 200. I can just see all of you going there checking it out, to see if it was indeed real. This makes me mad. But if the instructions, and those of you who also have this Balsa version kit (id like to hear from you here too), don't prove it is real, and I am not a forger, then it is what I will have to live with. It makes me feel every little detail will be Examined and I will be judged more harshly. After all--the kit is over 40 years old, and it is just as it is when I recently found it. This kind of thing damages honest people, and I wish we all would be more considerate and confront any one in question before going public. Thanks, Dan. BTW-the cone is too smoothe and old looking to even be compared to a clone, if you could see it in person. Only Estes made cones of This Quality, Respectfully.

Last edited by dannymrmissile : 11-25-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Dazed and Confused

D,

Instead of throwing out hundreds of words in multiple posts to defend your honor, take some good high resolution images of the nose cone in good lighting. An old nose cone is easy to spot when we can see the grain, color, tool markings (or lack of), and marks and gouges from 40+ years of storage. Put a ruler up to the hollow end. Post them here via an image hosting site so that we can see the full resolution images. (I don't consider a photo from an i-phone to be a good quality image, btw.)

Request that anyone owning a modern BMS or SEMROC BOMARC nose cone post similar images to compare. If nobody ponies up, don't despair, we all know what a 40+ year old nose cone looks like compared to a new one if we can see a good image of the old one.

Sit back and relax and let the pictures do the talking for you. Multiple ALL-CAPS posts do more harm to your credibility than opinions of a nose cone's origin based on poor quality images.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:11 AM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default Yes

Funny, Before I let this kit go, I was going to do Just That. And I will. However, I am tired of all this. Also I am Tired, Period---as I am disabled, as is my wife, who I am taking to the Dr. today & may end up in the Hospital. So I just don't have time for all this foolishness. I am an expert on vintage rocketry. I donate kits, etc. to Vern & MOF. I don't have to prove anything. I am only concerned about my good name. No matter what I do, I will have some disbelievers. That is the nature of the Beast, and why people like the one who started all this should be ashamed. Just pray for my wife,,, she died for over a minute the last time she had this operation. She is weaker now, and chances are worse. I don't need all this bull. I do thank You for your concern and suggestion here. Dan
Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 PM
the middle-aged rocketeer

My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to your wife and you

Judging from your E-bay rating I see no reason to question your integrity.