Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Default [POL] IRVINE seems to have raised eyebrows

In another thread (http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=7464), shockwaveriderz wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveriderz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_ca...he_kettle_black

Jerry, while the information you are posting for the most part is true, I just wish you would stand up and tell us the real truth.

For example, I have a few yes/no questions that I would like you to answer, if you don't mind.

TIA

Terry Dean

1. Did you ever manufacturer USR or other motors in CA without the CA OSFM manufacturer license? ye or no?

I think the answer to this is Yes.

2. Dis you make your own home made rocket engines and sell them in the state of CA without the CA OSFM license? Yes or No.

3. Have you made home made motors for your own use in the state of CA without a CA OSM Pyro 2-3 license? Yes or No?

4. When you licensed AT to manufacture and relabel USR motors, did you manufacture any and sell them your self. I mean since the AT/USR motors were certfied and legal, if a person was to buy a Jerry-Manufactured version, and slip it into a AT RMS case, since they both had the same designations and characteristics, how would a RSO know the difference?

I also think this happened a lot with Kosdon Motors.

5. If you had either a commercial CA OSFM license or a Personal PYRO license, please scan a copy and attach them.

6. Are you aware of any other cases, where people manufactured HPR motors outside CA and imported/transported them and sold them in CA without any CA OSFM licenses?

I think the answer to this, is yes

Jerry Irvine’s reply in that thread was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
Now shut up about me and stay on-topic.

So, here is this “new thread” where Jerry Irvine is the topic, so the above all is “on-topic”, so there is no “off-topic” excuse.

Answer Shockie’s questions yes or no as he asked. All of them. No Jerry-speak with twisted words, misleading statements, half-truths, or “shut up”. Just yes or no.

If it is fair for you to go after Kosdon regarding regulatory compliance, you are also fair game for exactly the same. And now with this stand-alone thread, it *is* on topic for these questions to be asked and answered.

- George Gassaway
Georges'CancerGoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-geo...ay-fight-cancer
Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Scale builder

Waiting........still waiting..........Thats what I figured.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgegassaway
Jerry Irvine’s reply in that thread was:

Quote:
Now shut up about me and stay on-topic.

I noticed you lied again. You intentionally disregarded the meat and helpful part of the reply. Now this is typical of you so I cannot see this thread going anywhere good, but here, again, are the answers spoon-fed to you.

http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showp...62&postcount=10

http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showp...21&postcount=31

Take the reply for what it is. An attempt to respond to a series of baseless accusations and insinuations with factual statements of compliance.

George, it was not you who got HPR going. It was me. It was not you who set the stage for the incubation of over a dozen motor manufacturers, many of which have had certified motors at one point or another. It was me.

It was under the watchful eye of the authorities. I just didn't use the NAR compliance paradigm. Get over it. That's why it worked. That's why membership and participation growth was very rapid indeed (unlike 52 by 52). That's why it has proven to have legs without substantially increased safety incidents.

You're welcome, you ungrateful, accusational, lump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gassaway
If it is fair for you to go after Kosdon regarding regulatory compliance, you are also fair game for exactly the same.

Since I am not manufacturing in CA and not certifying motors, or shipping motors to any NAR or TRA members whatsoever, there is no there there. There is nothing to see. These are not the droids you are looking for. "That is not really an explosive." - Star Trek

Oh, I am not being told by CSFM in public correspondence I am clearly NOT in compliance. Kosdon is. TRA is in cahouts with him in several aspects. That is troubling. That is a total opposite of me. George, stop being my stalker.

Jerry
Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Black Wolf Rocketry

Frankly I don't understand why everyone pays him so much attention. It simply feeds his ego. The best thing to do with a worm (my personal opinion) like Jerry is to ignore him completely. Maybe he will get bored and go away.

I hate rules.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsas
Frankly I don't understand why everyone pays him so much attention. It simply feeds his ego. The best thing to do with a worm (my personal opinion) like Jerry is to ignore him completely. Maybe he will get bored and go away.

Or maybe talk rockets and post tech content. GASP!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:08 PM
the middle-aged rocketeer

Quote:
Or maybe talk rockets and post tech content. GASP!

I agree Jerry, let's talk rockets. Are you still producing kits? You have an enormous amount listed on your website, how many are still available? Also I would like to mention how much I enjoy The issues of California Rocketry you have scanned and posted on your website, is there a chance you might scan and post more? Any chance you might make them or some of the designs for kits you no longer have available, available here on YORP?

You have a lot of information there, and a lot of interesting things, I'd like to see some of it passed on.