Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Master Modeler

Default Hobbylinc and Aerotech

I may be behind the times here (I think that we can say that is for sure), but Hobbylinc site lists the entire Aerotech line and is out of stock on every single item. I did a search to see if I could find a thread about it but came up empty. If this has been discussed, will someone please direct me to it. Otherwise, has anyone else noticed this?
Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I don't think it has been discussed but the amount of "in stock" Aerotech items at Hobbylinc has been dwindling for YEARS. It was apparent to me that they were letting that line die. Why they would not just remove items completely from the website instead of leaving them listed "out of stock" is IDIOTIC.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 04-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Craftsman

Seems like a lot of Aerotech hardware is difficult to find, I have been looking for a 29/180 motor for a while. I'm not sure what happened, but no one has them.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNGA
Seems like a lot of Aerotech hardware is difficult to find, I have been looking for a 29/180 motor for a while. I'm not sure what happened, but no one has them.

How about Aerotech?
Old 04-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wooten
How about Aerotech?

I checked their online store and all I see listed in motor hardware is some forward and aft closures..different sizes.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Isn't this why they did the wind chime thing?
Old 04-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraeford
I may be behind the times here (I think that we can say that is for sure), but Hobbylinc site lists the entire Aerotech line and is out of stock on every single item. I did a search to see if I could find a thread about it but came up empty. If this has been discussed, will someone please direct me to it. Otherwise, has anyone else noticed this?

I’ve bought a few G64 reloads from them, but it was maybe over a year ago. I get their emails, but the “specials” on motors is ridiculous. I only look at reloads, and stock has been non-existent for a long time. They have had F40 reloads, but I’d never order those since the require Hazmat.

I finally tired of the noting lack of stock, and emailed them, asking why they had been out so long, and did they ever expect to restock. The answer was vague, something like “I guess we just don’t get them from distributors like we used to”. That was not exactly reassuring, and certainly no offer to discuss with management to try to get some resolution, or at least a better explanation. I decided I’d not even push itwith them. I’ll go elsewhere.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 04-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Craftsman

Default Alas, Hobbylinc

I used to use them for YEARS, when they'd have butt-tons of AT motors and loads at great prices. Oh yea, back in the 'under the table' hazmat days, too

In recent years, I've seen them change their prices higher, and have some arcane 'rewardz program'. Hate that sorta thing, just list great prices, and that's that.

Just looked at their site recently, and yes, I'd say they likely dropped AT, but haven't pulled that offline. OR, is AT being buttslow in shipping mega-orders to large distributors/endsellers like HL?

Even now, HL is listing regular ole Estes motors at like 20% off, instead of like the 35% they used to. PFFFFFFT!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:29 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Yep, Hobbylinc used to be a great source for all BP SU and non-HPR Aerotech SU and RMS motors, but no longer.
I liked the fact that for years that they ignored the arbitrary and arcane hazmat nonsense...no more for that either.

Nowadays I buy all my BP from Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupons, especially E and F motors, those they don't carry I get from AC Supply.
For AP, I used to buy through Commonwealth as they were the best, but they no longer exist.
Now for AP it is random whoever has cheapest with shipping price.

There used to be several sources that would ship HP motors without asking about IDIOTIC required HP certification thru NAR or TRA, but that has gotten really scarce as well. The CPSC should have no business butting into ANY hobby rocket motors any more than the AMA should have any special requirements regarding Turbine powered model aircraft. Both are unneeded regulation and both STINK.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 04-05-2018, 08:17 PM
BAR

It may be a distributor issue. My LHS used to be able to get AT stuff from a number of distributors, and one by one, they dropped the line. Hobbico was the last distributor to still carry AT. He's now pursing being a licensed AT dealer, and buying direct. The weird thing is that the prices AT quoted to him are not as good as he used to get through Hobbico. I suppose part of that is his volume is way lower than a distributors would be.
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org