Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2016, 08:22 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Mega Mosquito - wrong measurement on launch tube?

Anyone else out there build an Estes Mega Mosquito that flies on D or E engines? I just started on it and the first piece of instructions is to assemble the engine mount.

However, the instructions say to measure 1/2", 3", and 3.25" from one end of the tube. That can't possibly be correct though. The engine hook would hang WAY out the bottom of the tube (I know it's supposed to hang out a little, but this is ridiculous), and the through-the-body fins are wider than what the engine tube mount rings would allow on that measurement.

I have to think that maybe those are the standard measurements on a "D" engine tube, but this is an "E" engine tube.

Anybody know what the correct measurements should be? Just by the length of the fin edge that sticks through the body, it looks like maybe it should be 4" & 4.25", but I wanted to check to see if somebody knew for sure.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Never mind. I'm an idiot. I realized I started measuring from the 1" mark (easier to hold the ruler), so 3" IS 4".