Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Exclamation "Get Out of Town!"

Oddly enough, I hear that line above in Bronson Pinchot as Balki's voice on "Perfect Strangers."

Tomorrow, I'm headed out of town for 3 days, so if I don't respond to any posts before Sunday, you'll know why.

Additionally, I got an e-mail from Chuck "Rocket Flyer" Walden earlier tonight, which follows immediately, along with my reply:

< Hi Jay,

I'm in Phoenix today on business and will have some free time this afternoon. I plan to drive up to Prescott to visit the Hobby Bench there and get a photo for your site. If it is anything like the other stores there should be some interesting rockets to see there.>

Dear Chuck,

Sounds like fun! Let me know if you see anything cool or rare (i.e., "saliva-inducing). ;-D And make sure to take pictures of it, of course. <big evil grin> "I'll be *waiting.*" <waggling eyebrows>

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 09-21-2005, 11:37 PM
BP Mafia

Well, La-Di-Da, Mr. World Traveler! Jay "Jet Set" Goemmer. Have a nice weekend. Hope they don't sting you with $5 a gallon gas in the middle of it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking "Who, *me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Well, La-Di-Da, Mr. World Traveler! Jay "Jet Set" Goemmer.

(chuckling) Actually, it's just 110 miles east to Pocatello for the annual Idaho Writers League conference. I stepped down as President of the local chapter in May, but apparently since I'm both outspoken *and* opinionated , they decided to send me as a delegate to arm- (thumb?-)wrestle the unreasonable folks during the business meeting.

Quote:
Have a nice weekend. Hope they don't sting you with $5 a gallon gas in the middle of it.

Fortunately, it's only (!) $2.89 a gallon here, and I'm driving up with a friend who's borrowing her daughter's car, which (allegedly) gets 30 miles to the gallon.

To quote my standard mantra, "It could be worse."

Cheers,

--Jay