Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 PM
BP Mafia

Default 25th anniversary Saturn V

I had to take my son to our local hobby/toy shop today, so while I was there I took a look at the rocket section. To my great surprise they had two Estes Saturn Vs sitting on the floor with $90 price tags. I don't know what the going rate for these is, but if anyone is looking for one, I'd be glad to do the legwork. Just pay the postage and kit costs.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

They're going for over $100. One on E-Bay is up to $66 but there's still two days left on the auction. An earlier kit is up to $87. Was it a Hobby Lobby per chance? 40% off coupon this week...
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I had to take my son to our local hobby/toy shop today, so while I was there I took a look at the rocket section. To my great surprise they had two Estes Saturn Vs sitting on the floor with $90 price tags. I don't know what the going rate for these is, but if anyone is looking for one, I'd be glad to do the legwork. Just pay the postage and kit costs.

Bill,

Are you sure these are 25th Anniversary kits? If so, they are the older #2001 kits, not the ones re-issued around 2001 or so.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Bill,

Are you sure these are 25th Anniversary kits? If so, they are the older #2001 kits, not the ones re-issued around 2001 or so.

They had the 25th anniversary logo on the box. I walked by them twice before I realized what they were. Then I looked REAL close.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
They had the 25th anniversary logo on the box. I walked by them twice before I realized what they were. Then I looked REAL close.

Well, $90 for a #2001 Saturn V is a good price. There's a cool 25th Anniversary poster in the box as well. I'd take one if I didn't already have four or five of them sitting here.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Master Modeler

Bill,

If you don't mind, I'll take one of those kits. And, we can PM eachother about delivery/pick-up/shipping arraingements. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Master Modeler

Heck, I was just looking over my K-36 kit (still in-the-box) earlier tonight to see what
modifications I can make to convert to an all up, five engine cluster model. I'm debating
if I should use one 24 mm core motor with four 18 mm outboards, or go with five 18 mm's.
Also trying to decide if I should cut the centering rings myself (don't really have the tools)
or have BMS do it for me.

I'm thinking of making this (K-36) my flying version Saturn - V, while using my Centuri
Saturn - V (already built over a year ago) for display only. What do you guys think?!

Last edited by dwmzmm : 04-03-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Was it a Hobby Lobby per chance? 40% off coupon this week...

If it was Hobby Lobby, I'd have bought them both and Ebay'd them. Since when have any of us lived that lucky?
No, this is a local place that has been around longer than I have. (Although I believe I've shopped in all of their locations in Latonia over the years.)

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Heck, I was just looking over my K-36 kit (still in-the-box) earlier tonight to see what
modifications I can make to convert to an all up, five engine cluster model. I'm debating
if I should use one 24 mm core motor with four 18 mm outboards, or go with five 18 mm's.
Also trying to decide if I should cut the centering rings myself (don't really have the tools)
or have BMS do it for me.

I'm thinking of making this (K-36) my flying version Saturn - V, while using my Centuri
Saturn - V (already built over a year ago) for display only. What do you guys think?!
I think you oughta get Bill to pick up that second kit for you and use it for flying....