Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Both of the Hobby Lobby stores that I shop at have nice balsa/basswood selections. I just bought two nice, straight pieces of 1/8" basswood last week. I need 3/32" balsa, so I guess I'll be heading back out to take advantage of the sale.
There's a Michael's just across the street from the Eastgate HL. The last time I checked there they had one starter set. I'd gone in hoping for a Blast Off Flight Pack, but never had much hope. Good thing.

Our Hobby Lobby also has a good selection of balsa and basswood, and the quality is excellent. I got a lathe last Fall, so I've been acquiring balsa blocks when I see them at reasonable prices. I just bought a block of 3"x3"x12" balsa to turn something for a BT-80. It was $9.99, so I got it for $6 with 40% off coupon.

As far as the kit selection, it is pretty limited at both HLs in the area (in fact, they are exactly limited, so they must be owned by the same person, who orders Estes products for both stores). They both keep restocking Mini Honest Johns at $9.99 list, so that is a no brainer for $6, and the Mini Max is something like $11.49, so that can be had to for less than $7. However, I think I'm approaching 2 lifetime supplies of those kits now. so I'd really like to see them carry more of the new kits.

Hmmm ... maybe I ought to just ask them if they can?

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 07-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Might work....I asked Hobby Town to order some kits for me....Had to pay retail but sometimes that works out about the same as ordering on-line with shipping......
Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Master Modeler

Default Hobby Lobby 40% Off Coupons

Maybe this might be preferred to the link.......
Old 09-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Master Modeler

Default Hobby Lobby 40% Off Coupons 09-12-2011

Also noticed that Hobby Lobby has the QCC Explorer. Maybe more will be coming....
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

I'll point out here that my "4 coupons to a page" web page is still working:

http://rocketry.gonnerman.org/hobbylobby.html
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Also noticed that Hobby Lobby has the QCC Explorer. Maybe more will be coming....

Last time I was in, I didn't notice any QCC Explorers but I did notice they had a couple of bulk educator kits and a couple of bulk motor packs, A8-3's and another I can't recall seems like it was a 13mm motor though.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
Last time I was in, I didn't notice any QCC Explorers but I did notice they had a couple of bulk educator kits and a couple of bulk motor packs, A8-3's and another I can't recall seems like it was a 13mm motor though.

Yeah...I think it was 1/2 or 1/4 A
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Crazy Intermediate Old Rocketeer

Quote:

Same thing in my local H L.
I haven't seen anything else new in there in quite some time, always the same rockets, you would think someone would be smart enough to order something different after you deplete the supply. That way you could sell the same people something different. I already have a Big Bertha, US Army Patriot, and Super Alpha, and a few of the EX2 kits for the kids. and a few others. Not going to buy them again, unless something happens to the ones I have.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Yeah...I think it was 1/2 or 1/4 A

I went the G'town HL today at lunch. The other bulk pack is 1/2A3-4T. They had bulk packs of Vikings, UP Aerospace, and Wizards. They also had a Vagabond and a QCC Explorer.

@Mopower - we go through the same thing here too, HL will go a good while with nothing new then they'll have a couple of new ones, but they never seem to get more than a couple of new kits at any one time. Often when they run the 30% off all Estes Kits ad, the selection is kinda poor and picked over.
It pays to visit often though, (especially if you have a competitive shopper ) I picked up a Mean Machine on clearance last week for $14.99.
Was once SAM#0132

Last edited by DaveR : 09-12-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Crazy Intermediate Old Rocketeer

Quote:
I went the G'town HL today at lunch. The other bulk pack is 1/2A3-4T. They had bulk packs of Vikings, UP Aerospace, and Wizards. They also had a Vagabond and a QCC Explorer.

@Mopower - we go through the same thing here too, HL will go a good while with nothing new then they'll have a couple of new ones, but they never seem to get more than a couple of new kits at any one time. Often when they run the 30% off all Estes Kits add, the selection is kinda poor and picked over.
It pays to visit often though, (especially if you have a competitive shopper ) I picked up a Mean Machine on clearance last week for $14.99.

Was the package damaged on the clearance MM? That's like 50% off, I haven't seen anything discounted that much. I did pick up one of the very small rockets for $2 something and another that had the bag re-stapled closed, I think it was 30 or 40% off.
The MM at my store has been there for a while I think. It is around $27-28. There are a few other smaller ones that are $25 and not very big That I would pick up if they clearanced them.