Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Opinions mine; not of NAR or MOF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
And you aren't yet ready to tell us what those wider options are.
-W

Tell me what NAR donation level you're interested in and I'll accelerate that print preview for you. This is mitigation for the vendor web design which is obviously lacking in that regard. The shortfall will be fixed as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that the NAR Donation and the print purchase are two different transactions.
The print portion is a simple retail transaction

Details here: Post NAR Donation Prints Available for Purchase
Old 11-17-2017, 02:54 PM

Default Pay Forward Proud Preview Gallery

It's as easy as, "3, 2, 1, 0"!

3….. Make a “Pay Forward Proud” Donation to the NAR History Fund (100% to NAR, less Paypal fees*) All donors will receive a NAR “Pay Forward” souvenir pin.

2….. If you desire, select a print for purchase from Stretch and Staple. Bigger donations get bigger selection of classic prints for purchase.

1…… Purchase from Stretch and Staple (separate retail transaction)

0…….Launch your rocket room!

Print Purchase Options at the Base Donation Level of $25.00

Vern Estes (L) and Bill Simon examine prototypes of the Estes Sandhawk and Interceptor kits in this Estes PR shot from the late 1960's.

Shady Side Academy Rocketry Club, Pittsburgh PA in January 1965. A Space Age view of rocketry enthusiasts from over a half century ago selected by our vendor for its period charm.

The "Pay Forward" campaign logo is available on canvas as well as a souvenir pin for all donors.

**PayPal offers discounted transaction rates for 501(c)(3) charities for most products, and consistently low rates for all other nonprofits. No extra fees for setup, statements, withdrawals or cancellation. 2.2% +$0.30 per transaction and no monthly fee for charities.

Last edited by pterodactyl : 11-18-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Captions added to images.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:08 PM

Default These Additional Prints Available for Purchase after a $100 Atlas Donation

3….. Make a “Pay Forward Proud” Donation to the NAR History Fund (100% to NAR, less Paypal fees*) All donors will receive a NAR “Pay Forward” souvenir pin.

2….. If you desire, select a print for purchase from Stretch and Staple. Bigger donations get bigger selection of classic prints for purchase.

Additional Print Purchase Options at the Atlas Donation Level of $100.00

G. Harry Stine (R) at the world model rocket championships in Dubnica, Czechoslovakia in 1966, with Jim Kukowski lurking at his four o'clock position.

The mid-century/space age feel of this image grabs the attention of even non-rocket people who see it for the first time. The exhibit developers at The Museum of Flight knew the image would be part of the exhibit as soon as they found it. Freudian influences aside it nicely captures the timeless enthusiasm that rockets and space exploration evoke in people of all ages. It's made even more significant by the career of the gentleman on the right who many will recognize as Jay Apt.

Another image selected by the vendor for its composition and artistic merits. An MMI kit sitting in the grass; maybe there's an art major out there who can help me out.

**PayPal offers discounted transaction rates for 501(c)(3) charities for most products, and consistently low rates for all other nonprofits. No extra fees for setup, statements, withdrawals or cancellation. 2.2% +$0.30 per transaction and no monthly fee for charities.

Last edited by pterodactyl : 11-18-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:58 PM

Default This Additional Print Available for Purchase after a $250 Titan Donation

Additional Print Purchase Option at the Titan Donation Level of $250.00

This image was taken from an original Model Missiles hobby shop poster not widely available to the public. Likely one of the first examples that existed in the sixty year history of the hobby. Again the artistic merits of this image saw it selected to be part of the G. Harry Stine exhibit at The Museum of Flight.

Last edited by pterodactyl : 11-18-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 PM

Default This Additional Print Available for Purchase after a $500 Saturn Donation

Additional Print Purchase Option at the Saturn Donation Level of $500.00

This image was taken from an Estes hobby shop poster and is based on the cover of the 1971 Estes catalog cover. The iconic Interceptor kit is shown against the backdrop of a solar eclipse seen from Apollo 12 on its way back from the moon 48 years ago this month. This was the first solar eclipse witnessed by humans that had the earth as the intervening celestial body.

Last edited by pterodactyl : 11-18-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:04 PM

Default These Additional Prints Available for Purchase after a $1000 Nova Donation

Additional Additional Print Purchase Options after the Nova Donation Level of 1000.00

This exceptionally rare mid 1960's Centuri poster is seldom seen. The image was taken from Lee Piester's personal copy.

If you walked into a hobby shop in 1971 you might have seen this poster introducing the Mini Brute line of mini engine powered rockets!

A canvas print of this beauty would look great in your rocket room; in the 1969 Estes catalog they sold for 75 cents. The guy in the picture is now likely eligible for Social Security!

Last edited by pterodactyl : 11-18-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:25 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pterodactyl

If you walked into a hobby shop in 1970 you might have seen this poster introducing the Mini Brute line of mini engine powered rockets!

Late Summer 1971 (they introduced them at NARAM 13).

Roy, just bein' picky.

Ok, I can be more picky and say that they flew some at the Pittsburgh convention and other east coast model rocket events, but I think the first time they were available to the general public was at NARAM 13.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:42 PM

Good catch; I'll fix it!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:54 PM

Default The NAR Pay Forward Logo: The Untold Story!

Dave Ginsberg, the artist who created NAR's Pay Forward logo, has created a page on his Pixel Planet Pictures website which tells the story behind the image.

The Untold Story of NAR's Pay Forward Logo!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:47 AM
Master Modeler

I had a hunch Ginsberg was more than just a software guy (that’s the role he played in my group at Boeing). Fun stuff.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE