Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Master Modeler

Default Test Test

Photo posting test.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
Photo posting test.

Keep trying...takes a little practice <g>
Old 07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
BP Mafia

I think I started out reducing the size of the pic by 50%, then worked back up. I've since settled on 60% as a good size. Of course, this is good for my camera. I'm not sure if yours is set up like mine.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 07-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I think I started out reducing the size of the pic by 50%, then worked back up. I've since settled on 60% as a good size. Of course, this is good for my camera. I'm not sure if yours is set up like mine.

The biggest problem I had was trying to get my pics with the correct side up; I thought it could be done on the YORF server and was wrong. Had to figure out how to do it in my computer first and then upload to the YORF server (have to admit here and now that I have
very little computer knowledge; otherwise what I do know is what I learned "OTJ"). Took
me hours to get this right. By then, my neck and shoulders were aching like crazy!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:38 PM
BP Mafia

I opened the pic using Microsoft Office Picture Manager and did all of the changes in there, saved it, then posted it.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 07-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
I opened the pic using Microsoft Office Picture Manager and did all of the changes in there, saved it, then posted it.

That's basically what I did. The first time I tried posting my pics (which were those of the
clone Centuri V-2 on this forum), I left it like I did and thought the website owner (Scott
Hansen, I think) would edit and rotate the pic for me. Nope. He e-mailed me back and said
I have to do it from my end. Exaspertated, I deleted that post and went to work "playing"
with the computer to see what I could do, and did just like you said. When I got the post
up the next time (correctly), Scott e-mailed me again noting my correction and said he
wouldn't have been able to figure out the correct procedure himself! And, I thought I was
bad (on computers).
Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Dazed and Confused

The Windows Picture and Fax Viewer that is included in WinXP easily rotates pics 90 degrees at a time with one button click. For all other editing, I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Master Modeler

Question Thanks Guys!

Thanks guys for all the great info. I have recently pruchased an Kodak Easyshare Z730 and I will need all the help I can get trying to fiqure it out.

If I take a movie with it, what is the best way to take a still frame and save it as a JPEG. I am wanting to catch some rockets at liftoff and at ejection??

Thanks Again, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907
Old 07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Thanks guys for all the great info. I have recently pruchased an Kodak Easyshare Z730 and I will need all the help I can get trying to fiqure it out.

If I take a movie with it, what is the best way to take a still frame and save it as a JPEG. I am wanting to catch some rockets at liftoff and at ejection??

Thanks Again, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

James,

Can't really answer the question but here are some tips with using the camera in video mode.....make sure you buy some additional memory for the camera. Video uses it pretty quickly. The camera will adjust the picture for you on stills (you know, turn the camera on it's side and the picture will turn out right side up), well, in video mode, the movie will be sideways. Rocket really looks funny taking off at a 90 degree angle .

Don
NAR 53455
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:

Thanks Again, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907

My camera has a "burst" mode. It can take pictures in bursts of either three or 40. I don't use the 40 much, but I'm wearing the three mode out. Check the instruction book to see if you have something similar.

I miss being SAM 0058