Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
How in the world do you get all that paint off that washer/dryer pair when you're finished???

A-

Oh, that was the easy part.... I just slathered Vasaline on everything I didn't want the paint to stick to

Gunner
NAR 18493
Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
How in the world do you get all that paint off that washer/dryer pair when you're finished???
In all seriousness, I'm guessing 76gunner's laundry room functions as a mud room separating the garage from the rest of the house. So he shoots the paint in the garage, then lets it cure in the laundry room. Eh, 76?

That's the setup at my house. I use rolled up newspapers as paint sticks, and have bits of coat hangers attached to them. So I hang the birds on a clothesline in the garage between coats, then bring them into the laundry room and hang them above the washer-dryer on the clothes rod.

After I get out of my paint suit, I usually move them to the bedroom closet where there's less chance of my wife or four kids accidentally touching them. After the paint's dry to the touch, I move them into one of my rocket cabinets.

Doug

YORF member #11
Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sams
In all seriousness, I'm guessing 76gunner's laundry room functions as a mud room separating the garage from the rest of the house. So he shoots the paint in the garage, then lets it cure in the laundry room. Eh, 76?

That's the setup at my house. I use rolled up newspapers as paint sticks, and have bits of coat hangers attached to them. So I hang the birds on a clothesline in the garage between coats, then bring them into the laundry room and hang them above the washer-dryer on the clothes rod.

After I get out of my paint suit, I usually move them to the bedroom closet where there's less chance of my wife or four kids accidentally touching them. After the paint's dry to the touch, I move them into one of my rocket cabinets.

Doug

Pretty close Doug. I normally shot them outside, go through the garage, then into the laundry room. We have been having so much rain though, haven't had a chance to do any painting. Looks like it will be nice this weekend, so once I mow the yard, finish homework and clean the house.... I'm gonna do some rocket stuff!

Gunner
NAR 18493