Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2005, 04:06 PM
BAR Crazy about der GOBLIN

Send a message via AIM to Thor
Default Estes MaxTrax

Going to return to the range after the lose of the Goblin. Firing my wifes MAXTRAX which is a ready to fly Estes rocket with some sort of altimeter. Does anyone know the method it uses to measure the altitude.? Thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:21 PM

Found out it has a timer that records the time to fall to a hard surface. The nose cone has an impact switch that turns off the timer. The recovery seqence has the nose cone with a streamer separate from the main body with a parachute. I have to find that streamer before I can reconfigure and test, it is a certain length. From the other reviews I found it is not too reliable. Thor
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 PM
B.A.R. and RC Geek

Send a message via Yahoo to Ramjet
Default accuracy???

Using fall time should be close, but yes, it will definately need the exact recovery device kitted.

However, Seems like an el-cheapo way to measure altitude for sure.

Got an altitrak to check it with ? ;-)

Wanna borrow mine????

Heh, heh, heh...

Ramjet
Old 07-28-2005, 11:11 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Found out it has a timer that records the time to fall to a hard surface. The nose cone has an impact switch that turns off the timer. The recovery seqence has the nose cone with a streamer separate from the main body with a parachute. I have to find that streamer before I can reconfigure and test, it is a certain length. From the other reviews I found it is not too reliable. Thor

Sounds like a perfect candidate for parking lot flights. Nice hard surface to give it the good whackin' necessary.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 07-29-2005, 01:46 PM

Went out this morning with my girls. It was a gourgeos day, picture perfect. Sara shot her Screamin Mimi with a D12-3. Nice looking rocket with Estes decals but she painted the body yellow with a dark blue cone. Perfect flight! She almost caught it! Next was Melanie's pink Big Betty on a C6-5 nice boost with chute out at nose down just past apogee! I caught this one on the way down which is always a rush. Then we fired it again and Melanie ALMOST caught this one. I forgot the small launch rod that the MAXTRAX needs and so it remained flightless. It was SOOOOO nice to bring all the rockets home. Mel's Red Max is finished except decals. The KRYLON RED PEPPER is a nice color for the body. I think I will use this same paint color when I build a Der V-3. My next project after my 1.24X BT60 Goblin is finished is my BRIMSTONE, a upscale CHEROKEE D with flame colors. Here is a color/paper mock up of this one. I plan to build it light enough to run it with E9-4 Motors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Brim1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  306.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  P1010004.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  54.1 KB