Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
We have all been on the little bus

After many delays this weekend we will be having the kit bash Triathlon this weekend at the Sod Farm. Ist place gets you a ticket in the Model of the Month raffle and also a Wildman Mini Darkstar! See you there

Dan
Old 08-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Out to launch...

Yay! The weather forecast has made a change for the better, may be a titch breezy though. I'm in it to win it, throwing caution to the wind! If anyone is in need of triathalon motors, see me - I'll have plenty available.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:10 PM

It is on!

Playing the wind is going to be tricky tomorrow. I am taking a more careful approach but that is not always the way to go. I am putting on the shock cord now (new glue weighs less) Then I am ready to go.

I picked up motors tonight. I have not needed to buy D motors for a couple of years. Not a fan of the higher price tag. $5-6 dollars higher than the last time I picked some up. I will have to make these motors count 
Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Congratulations to the winner of the 2012 Sod Farm Triathlon. The winner was the team of Kelly Ranum and her friend Adam S (sorry I did not get his last name). Kelly designed the rocket and her and Adam both built it. Adam was out sick today so Kelly presented and flew the rocket for them both. She took first place in all 3 events and finished off with a great flight in the spot landing competition that landed 29 steps from the flag. Second place overall went to Dan, third place went to Chad, and 4th place went to Joe. The winds were a big challenge today as they would pick up and slow down and change from east to north east. We all had a great time and look forward to next years Triathlon.

Dan
Old 09-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Out to launch...

I do hope you run with the idea you had yesterday (for next year), with scissors if nessassary!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 AM

It will be some version of what we discussed. We can talk about it at the next meeting.
There are a couple things I thought of that need to be ironed out first. We will need to look at some roc sim data also. But the evil plan seems to be coming together.