Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up "Set the Wayback Machine for SEMROC"

I'd never seen the following May 1970 publication before, but I just spent the last half-hour drooling in dangerously close proximity to electrical wiring while reading it.

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock...0semroccat.html

35 years later, a kid who was 8 years old when it was printed found it *very* inspiring... and halfway sorry I didn't know anything about Semroc in its first incarnation.

And Carl, I want you to know I had to very strongly resist the urge to print an order form and fill it out! (Chances are Mom wouldn't have enough money in her checkbook, either, so I'll just have to save up a bunch of loose change.)

Fast forward to the future... I mean, the present.

*Wow,* that was cool.

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 08-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Knuckle Draggin' Engineer

Carl,

Did you make your own engines or contract them out to someone else? It would be nice to get some like those in that catalog again. When you were doing SEMROC the first time, I was just aware of Estes and Centuri from my home in the boonies of West Texas, so I never had the chance of doing any of your stuff then.

Joe W
Old 08-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke Rocketeer
Carl,

Did you make your own engines or contract them out to someone else? It would be nice to get some like those in that catalog again. When you were doing SEMROC the first time, I was just aware of Estes and Centuri from my home in the boonies of West Texas, so I never had the chance of doing any of your stuff then.

Joe W

We made our own engines. Estes stopped adding new engine contracts about the time we started up. Thanks for asking!
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-14-2005, 04:10 AM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
35 years later, a kid who was 8 years old when it was printed found it *very* inspiring... and halfway sorry I didn't know anything about Semroc in its first incarnation.
This time is better! At least I am having more fun this time. Something about having 25 employees and 200 stockholders keeps you from enjoying the times like this.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 08-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
This time is better! At least I am having more fun this time.
(chuckling) Me, too! And for my second time around as a rocketeer, Semroc is one of the biggest reasons *I'm* having fun!

Quote:
Something about having 25 employees and 200 stockholders keeps you from enjoying the times like this.
(heavy sigh) Yeah, that'll do it for you.

Keep it coming! We love what you do! (And I continue to be amazed -- The SST Shuttle? *Way* cool, since I had a Centuri original "back in the day.")

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 08-14-2005, 09:01 PM

Carl,

Did you sell many of the 3/4B,C, and D engines? I had never seen engines that size before. What was the reason for having them? I would think that not many would want to use them.

BTW...do you have any intentions of making engines again? It would be nice to get some alternatives to Estes/Quest.

Joe W
Old 08-14-2005, 10:18 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Carl,
Your company is GREAT; great service and products; really like how Estes and Centuri USED to be.
Keep those classic Centuri/Enerjet/Mini-max and Estes clones/re-issues coming back !
How is the re-issue Aero-Dart coming ?

I'd REALLY like to see you re-introduce the B14 engine and some of your 18mm "extended length" case 20n-sec D engines. The D if a BP motor would be a good 18mm alternative (more affordable) to the Aerotech RMS stuff. Aerotech AP motors are great but are too costly for many rocketeers.

Speaking of engines, how about cloning the Enerjet E24/F52/F67 line for us ?
One can dream....
Old 09-01-2005, 11:36 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
One can dream....

Ya know, I'd really like to see Gary make some modern cased motors that performed like the Enerjets (or his old Composite Dynamics Pro-Jets), but I doubt he ever would because people wouldn't know how to deal with the slow liftoffs and the lack of smoke.

A few years ago you could still get smokeless motors from Vulcan. I don't know that anyone makes them like that any more, except for maybe Gary's Redline motors.

Maybe that's what'll get me into doing EX. Instead of making smoky H and I motors like every one else, I'd be making little smokeless E and F motors!

Roy
nar12605
Old 09-02-2005, 07:18 AM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Default clone motora

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I'd REALLY like to see you re-introduce the B14 engine and some of your 18mm "extended length" case 20n-sec D engines. The D if a BP motor would be a good 18mm alternative (more affordable) to the Aerotech RMS stuff. Aerotech AP motors are great but are too costly for many rocketeers.

do you still have the motor making machine ? ( doubt they were hand packed, lol ).
and i WOULD be great to have more alternatives, distinctive motors (long 18mm D's sound nice * sigh * )

One can dream....

those are easy to do - how many would you like ?

course they wouldn't be certified,lol........

AL / Green Dragon
Old 09-02-2005, 08:10 AM

Which ones? the B14's or Enerjet clones?