Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default QUEST announces another 40% Off Sale this Presidents Day weekend !

February 9, 2009

For immediate release:

QUEST AEROSPACE, Inc. Pagosa Springs, Colorado

Quest announces another 40% Off Factory Direct Sale ! The sale will take place for three days only February 14, 15, and 16, 2009. The 40% savings is in addition to Quest’s already low factory direct pricing. Customers will be able to shop the entire Quest website www.questaerospace.com . Instructions on how to use the special coupon code “PRES2009” will be posted on the Quest home page once the sale goes active at midnight Friday.

Don’t miss out on these incredible savings ! Three days only !

The 40% off is on everything on the website !

Special note: Be sure to sign up on the Quest home page for advance email notice of future sales !
Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Sigh....Quest doesn't ship outside USA. It's a good sale.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Master Modeler

Just got my order in.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Dazed and Confused

Anybody know if the German motors are out of the system yet? I'd like to order some bulk motors for our school launches, but the German motors are so much smaller that we get burned motor mount tubes when we use them. The Chinese motors are supposed to fit BT-20's much better.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Anybody know if the German motors are out of the system yet? I'd like to order some bulk motors for our school launches, but the German motors are so much smaller that we get burned motor mount tubes when we use them. The Chinese motors are supposed to fit BT-20's much better.

Been reading over at Rocketry Planet that Sandman had saved his order prior to the start of
the sale; he had the new long burning Quest C6's but they disappeared before the sale started. I take it to mean the new C6's are either out of stock or not available for this sale.
If that's the case, I'm standing down on ordering this weekend .
Old 02-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Been reading over at Rocketry Planet that Sandman had saved his order prior to the start of
the sale; he had the new long burning Quest C6's but they disappeared before the sale started. I take it to mean the new C6's are either out of stock or not available for this sale.
If that's the case, I'm standing down on ordering this weekend .

I'd need A6-4's, but I don't want the German motors. I don't want to fool with wrapping tape around all those motors. As it is now, I can get Estes A8-5's from AC Supply for about the same price per motor, but I'd have to buy wadding. The teachers have better luck with toilet paper style wadding than they do with the Quest sheets anyway, so it just isn't worth the effort if they are still shipping German motors.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
I'd need A6-4's, but I don't want the German motors. I don't want to fool with wrapping tape around all those motors. As it is now, I can get Estes A8-5's from AC Supply for about the same price per motor, but I'd have to buy wadding. The teachers have better luck with toilet paper style wadding than they do with the Quest sheets anyway, so it just isn't worth the effort if they are still shipping German motors.

Tim,

I was looking for the longer burning motors and couldn't find them. If you decide to order anything, let me know. Maybe we can combine and split the shipping. Sure wish there was a B4-6 or A6-6.....
Old 02-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:

Yes, back in 2004 I flew my son's Estes Sizzler on the A6-4 and got a nice, high flight, only
to watch it lawndart into the (lucky for us) soft/muddy ground (minimized the damage). Come to find the ejection charge did blow, but the smaller diameter of the A6-4 allowed the
gas to escape for a non-deployment of the recovery system. Learned my lesson quickly that day!!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Tim,

I was looking for the longer burning motors and couldn't find them. If you decide to order anything, let me know. Maybe we can combine and split the shipping. Sure wish there was a B4-6 or A6-6.....

Yes, I wish there was a B4-6, too. Would be perfect for the B Streamer Duration event at
NAR contests. The B4 has a nice, long burning thrust and the six second delay allows the
model to coast quite a ways (and adds to the duration) before recovery deployment.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Mr. Dual Eggloft

Location: Illinois: where our Governors make our license plates.

You really need to check the NAR data sheets to see actual delay times with ALL motors. The old Quest A6-4 actually had a longer delay than the Estes A8-5! Most of the German Quest motor delays ran long, while Estes delays are notoriously short.

Alas the new Quest A6-4 has a mode Estes-like delay