Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Well, almost always...Semroc's a little behind their planned release of the Stryker, Visitor and Tau Zero from Christmas 2007 , but I guess we can let them slide once in a while, ...

Yeah, I forgot about those. But with Semroc's excellent track record, I have no doubt that we WILL see those kits...someday. (Have faith, Jay and Craig, have faith...)

Quote:
...and as anyone who's shot the breeze with Jim Flis can tell you about his unoffical product release plans, the more he gets done the behinder he gets .

Shooting the breeze at NARAM or another launch is NOT the same thing as making an official product announcement!

By the way, I know that Carl put a "Tip Jar" on the Visitor page for JimZ, but I'm confused - did JimZ design the Visitor, or does he just host the plans at his website? And, either way, does his website have the plan? I haven't been able to find it there.

Mark \\.
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 10-31-2008, 11:56 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Yeah, I forgot about those. But with Semroc's excellent track record, I have no doubt that we WILL see those kits...someday. (Have faith, Jay and Craig, have faith...)

I'm not worried. And Carl knows if he ever needs another new design or two, there's at least a hundred he can choose from that can be easily kitted where that one came from!

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 11-01-2008, 05:04 AM
FlisKits, Inc.

Quote:
Well, almost always...Semroc's a little behind their planned release of the Stryker, Visitor and Tau Zero from Christmas 2007 , but I guess we can let them slide once in a while, and as anyone who's shot the breeze with Jim Flis can tell you about his unoffical product release plans, the more he gets done the behinder he gets .

Tell me about it... LOL I (and Carl) have discovered that to talk about a rocket before it's ready to go into the bag can be a bad idea unless you like a dozen threads spread across a half dozen forums, not to mention a ton of email, all asking about the rumored kits... LOL

I'm still fielding questions about kits I talked about a few years ago that never made it into production for one reason or another...

Just wait till you see what's on the drawing board NOW for release before the end of the year (God willing and the creek don't rise...)

jim

Toad's Tavern - http://toadstavern.com/
Personal site - http://jflis.com/
Old 11-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up Keepin' the faith...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I'm not worried. And Carl knows if he ever needs another new design or two, there's at least a hundred he can choose from that can be easily kitted where that one came from!
I'm not worried, either. Just seeing from the outside how hard Carl, Sheryl, and Bruce work... Boy, I'm amazed at all the stuff they *are* able to pull off!

(chuckling) And for the folks who say, "I don't need any instructions, just send me the parts..." ...Well, that's probably *not* what you *really* want, after all.

And like Craig, I've got some designs that Jim Pierson accused me of "keeping for myself" (to possibly be released at Some Other Time).

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflis
Tell me about it... LOL I (and Carl) have discovered that to talk about a rocket before it's ready to go into the bag can be a bad idea unless you like a dozen threads spread across a half dozen forums...

Jim, you *have* to tell us... where the 4 other forums are that you mentioned!!! (since I clearly already know about YORF and TRF)
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Master Modeler

Talking Guilty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy

And like Craig, I've got some designs that Jim Pierson accused me of "keeping for myself" (to possibly be released at Some Other Time).

Cheers,

Ah Ha, I believe one would definetly call that an admission of GUILT!
Repent, design hoarder, Repent!

All in good fun.
Your Buddy, JP

James Pierson
NAR# 77907
Old 11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking Jay does some 'splainin'...

Quote:
By the way, I know that Carl put a "Tip Jar" on the Visitor page for JimZ, but I'm confused - did JimZ design the Visitor, or does he just host the plans at his website? And, either way, does his website have the plan? I haven't been able to find it there.
Mark,

From what I recall of that Semroc Christmas newsletter mentioned earlier, Jim Zalewski designed the Visitor, and Carl offered to give Jim the proceeds from a good portion of the kits so that all of us who had benefited from the JimZ website could make a contribution directly to him.

[At least, that's how my fuzzy middle-aged brain recalls it. ]

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

03 Sept 2014
Old 11-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Mark,

From what I recall of that Semroc Christmas newsletter mentioned earlier, Jim Zalewski designed the Visitor, and Carl offered to give Jim the proceeds from a good portion of the kits so that all of us who had benefited from the JimZ website could make a contribution directly to him.

[At least, that's how my fuzzy middle-aged brain recalls it. ]

Cheers,

A-ha! Yes, it's all coming back to me now...

I wish I could clear my mental cache as easily as I clear the cache on my computer.

Mark \\.
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 11-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Wink Clearing the Cache (Mental and otherwise)

Quote:
I wish I could clear my mental cache as easily as I clear the cache on my computer.
As I tell the Engineering guys at the TV station, "Don't force it. Get a bigger hammer."

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

03 Sept 2014
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
As I tell the Engineering guys at the TV station, "Don't force it. Get a bigger hammer."

Cheers,

I'll need it!!!

Either that, or some industrial-strength mental floss... (I might be moving to Montana, soon...)

Mark \\.
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011