Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

After Danny's further vitriol regarding seller Tombatony on July 31, I sent the seller this email through Ebay's messaging system................

Hello. Did the buyer who recently bought this Estes GT-3 kit for over $200 send it back to you for a refund? The reason I ask is that the first buyer who returned it (dannymrmissile) is bad-mouthing you over on the YORF rocketry forum. A few guys (including me) stuck up for you over there because we felt that you didn't know what was being said and had no way to defend yourself.

Joe
Old 08-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

I received this response from Tombatony (I do not know the seller and have never had any dealings with him).............

Hi Joe I appreciate you looking out for me. Dannymissle tried to pull a fast one on me. First he asked me to do a "buy it now," which I didn't realize I couldn't do under the ebay rules since the auction had already started. Then, he just walked me through paying for part of it on ebay and handling the rest of the deal outside of ebay. After he received the item, he complained that it was damaged (he said the face card had disintegrated) which it was not, and said he wanted a partial refund but wanted to keep the kit. Instead of issuing a partial refund, I advised him to return the item for a full refund. I also provided money to ship it back. Following his receipt of the funds, he indicated that he would send it back when he "got around to it." He then gave me a bad review which ebay removed after reading our email exchanges. I was able to re-sell the kit for much more money and the buyer was happy with the kit. Thank you for sticking up for me. Dannymissle has some real issues. Thanks again, Tony.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

And after Tombatony posted here in this thread he sent me this further email...............

Joe I'm confused I saw the comments about me on YORF and the seller never requested a refunded and left positive feedback. I even reached out to him and have not heard back yet. As far as the BT-70 tubes, I bought a pair of them and sent both to him including the original that had a slight defect. This is like a bad dream. Danymissle is the only buyer I ever had a problem with on Ebay.

Thanks Tony
Old 08-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

It's a free world. And everybody gets to come to their own conclusions. I've come to mine..........

Joe
Old 08-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

I can see that this thread can get out of control. Now that I see that the seller people are talking about is a member here, this forum rule applies:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Old BAR

Sounds like Leftover is full of it; Danny misrepresented big time.
You guys should grow up! Both sides of the story certainly clarified who was at fault here. The seller's story makes sense.
Danny didn't tell the whole story; Leftover made his up. In fact Danny cheated, not only eBay, but other bidders as well. He violated their rules completely. One is not supposed to make side deals as a rule.
I gotta side with Tony on this one.

Allen
Old 08-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Scott, if I over-stepped the boundaries, I apologize. While I don't know the seller, I picked up for him here because I really don't like to see anyone publicly condemned when he is unaware and can't defend himself. There were some very nasty comments about him here.

This is my final post in this thread.

Joe
Old 08-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Scott, if I over-stepped the boundaries, I apologize. While I don't know the seller, I picked up for him here because I really don't like to see anyone publicly condemned when he is unaware and can't defend himself. There were some very nasty comments about him here.

This is my final post in this thread.

Joe

No, you were fine, Joe. I just didn't want the thread getting out of control from here out.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558