Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Rocket Boosted Gliders
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Craftsman

Default RC BG plans

Hi all, I've been posing on rcgroups and trf and decided to put the link here as well to help spread the fun of rc bg's and see if I can get some of you rocket guys interested in RC.

My blog is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=118173

First post is a plans link where I have photos and plans, as well as build thread and video links. These are not normal tube and nose cone construction. They are designed for the E-6 24mm reload motor, an E-9 with delay removed would be an ok substitute. They typically weigh from 8-12 oz rtf, and are normally full flying tail only or aileron/elevator(no rudder).

Cost for the depron is around $10 a sheet locally, normally they take one sheet, plus two servos, a receiver, a battery, a bit of carbon fiber depending on the structure, and a 24mm mount and launch lug. I either use foam safe (modelmaster) paints or more often vinyl lettering, or monokote self adhesive trim for markings, along with some sharpie panel lines.

Typically the have a length of 39" as that is the max length of the depron I use, and have 20-25" wingspans, the profile shape of many of them gives a lot of surface area and low frontal drag so they can slow down pretty well for landing.

My latest is below that I just maidened which has a full fuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4atP9G9lo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  alcmfinished.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  152.3 KB