Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM
BAR - Novice scratch builder

Question CINEROC pricing?

Hi All;

Haven't logged on for awhile...

I'm checking on what recent sales have taken place for Estes CINEROC. I have my original one I bought in 1970 for $19.95, mint unused. Over the years I've picked up others and now have decided to sell a few, some new some used. Only one completed listing was available, but that was a used CINEROC.

I agree pricing on the rocket kits is very volitile, I admit some I paid more than I knew they were worth, but was anxious to complete my Estes, Vashon, and NCR collections.

Of recent interest was some of the Vashon items going for big $$$, my collection is propably 95% complete. Considerig I'm trying to collect other interests, I am wondering what a combined Vashon & Estes Cold Power collection would start at?

Oh love the new Pro Series... motors a bit pricey, neighbors are sure irratated when I launch them over houses to the adjacent field, but neighborhood kids sure are being inspired regarding model rockets etc.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoexe
Hi All;

Haven't logged on for awhile...

I'm checking on what recent sales have taken place for Estes CINEROC. I have my original one I bought in 1970 for $19.95, mint unused. Over the years I've picked up others and now have decided to sell a few, some new some used. Only one completed listing was available, but that was a used CINEROC.

I agree pricing on the rocket kits is very volitile, I admit some I paid more than I knew they were worth, but was anxious to complete my Estes, Vashon, and NCR collections.

Of recent interest was some of the Vashon items going for big $$$, my collection is propably 95% complete. Considerig I'm trying to collect other interests, I am wondering what a combined Vashon & Estes Cold Power collection would start at?

Oh love the new Pro Series... motors a bit pricey, neighbors are sure irratated when I launch them over houses to the adjacent field, but neighborhood kids sure are being inspired regarding model rockets etc.

It seems to jump around a bit but I've picked up two in the past year and few months and both were under $150......the first one was just a little over $100 and unused and complete.

Two are on eBay now and one of the two appears to be a 'first issue' before they modified the molds to add extra plastic gissets to the main camera frame to prevent breaking it (in fact this one has been broken and repaired in said area, it appears).

It seems there have been another one or two in that same period that have gone for closer to $200.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM
BAR - Novice scratch builder

Default Thanks...

I few years back I recall them going for over $400.00, it seems with the rocket kit prices jumping up the Cineroc would fetch at least $250.00.

Not sure what's the deal with some bidders going overboard???

By the way, anyone out there selling a signed Satrn V kit??? The 2010 re-release
I heard the first 50 were numbered and siged?

Thanks... .
Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoexe
I few years back I recall them going for over $400.00, it seems with the rocket kit prices jumping up the Cineroc would fetch at least $250.00.

Not sure what's the deal with some bidders going overboard???

By the way, anyone out there selling a signed Satrn V kit??? The 2010 re-release
I heard the first 50 were numbered and siged?

Thanks... .

In general it seems the past few years, along with the economy, prices have been depressed for a number of kits on ebay. There was a Centuri Lttle Joe II 1/45 on ebay (still with some shrink wrap) in the past week that JUST did fetch ONE bidder at $299.....4-5 years ago that thing would have had bids all over it and would have sold for at least $350 to $400.

There have been some very good ebay deals the past 2-3 years due to folks maybe 'needing' to sell, but at the same time, people seem to have pulled back on what they are willing to pay. There are exceptions at times, and there have been a few high priced items on ebay sell for some pretty decent bucks.

But it seems in general the past few years the bad economy has dropped selling prices of most items across the board.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970