Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Cardstock Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Default Project Paper

Just wanted to let those of you who are interested in paper/cardstock model racketeering that I have started a new project over on the TRF website, in the Cardstock Rocketry section. It is called Project Paper and it consists of making generic card stock parts for rockets rather than focus on kits or certain models. That isn't to say that there are no models there - I'm starting out making clone parts of classic Estes components (but I will eventually do Centuri and other sized parts as well). All parts are labeled in metric, so a BT-50 is labeled CT-24 (CT for Cardstock Tube). Likewise, the paper version of the BNC-50K becomes the CNCE-24K. You'll get used to it pretty quick. Think of this thing like a Cardstock version of the Designer's Special. One caveat - I am avoiding using graphics beyond stripes and roll patterns, logos and names to avoid complications.

So far, I have posted several different sized components. Included are uncolored and colored versions of CT-18, CT-24 and CT-41 tubes (BT-20, 50 and 60). I've done the CNCE-18B, CNCE-18-N, CNCE-24K, CNCE-24AH (BT-50 version of the PNC-60AH used on Der Red Max and Mean Machine) and CNCE-41L. I also did fins for a prominent 3FNC model in black, red and white that used the BNC-50K, for a 3FNC red and white model that was originally a BT-30 rocket, but is now scaled for BT-20, for the BT-50 scaled down 4FNC red and black model that featured skulls with German spiked helmets and the long 4FNC BT-60 rocket that is colored in the 1971 yellow, black and white livery. I also included centering rings, motor tubes, launch lugs and everything else to build these rockets or to use the parts for scratch building your own designs. The files are editable PDF files, so if you have a graphics program to color or add graphics to them, you can do so.

So if you are so inclined, check out the thread over on TRF. And let me know if you build anything or if there is anything you'd like to see - I plan to keep expanding this thing for a while.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=26616

Greg