Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
I went the G'town HL today at lunch. The other bulk pack is 1/2A3-4T. They had bulk packs of Vikings, UP Aerospace, and Wizards. They also had a Vagabond and a QCC Explorer.

@Mopower - we go through the same thing here too, HL will go a good while with nothing new then they'll have a couple of new ones, but they never seem to get more than a couple of new kits at any one time. Often when they run the 30% off all Estes Kits add, the selection is kinda poor and picked over.
It pays to visit often though, (especially if you have a competitive shopper ) I picked up a Mean Machine on clearance last week for $14.99.

Hmmmm.... I wonder what you plan on doing with that Mean Machine? Looking for an FSI motor carrier?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopower71
Was the package damaged on the clearance MM? That's like 50% off, I haven't seen anything discounted that much. I did pick up one of the very small rockets for $2 something and another that had the bag re-stapled closed, I think it was 30 or 40% off.
The MM at my store has been there for a while I think. It is around $27-28. There are a few other smaller ones that are $25 and not very big That I would pick up if they clearanced them.

No the one I picked up wasn't damaged, just marked down. I did buy another MM a while back with a 40% off coupon only to discover the nose cone was missing when I got home and opened the package - no biggie though, I was using it for parts anyway.
It's the about the time of year HL will purge some inventory. Keep your eye on the MM and other kits that may have been there for a while, if they come up missing - look for them in the clearance section. Once they show over there they will be discounted 25 - 30% but if your willing to gamble and wait a month or so, they'll mark it down again to around 50 - 60% off. Wait much longer and it'll be gone.
You can also score some good deals on Testors paint and other finishing supplies this time of year in the clearance area.

FSI?? nah, I got other plans for that, all I need is some uhm, what is that stuff called? Time, yes time is what I need.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default 40% off, 24/7 365

Why dont everyone buy at Belleville wholesale hobby, where its 40% off ALL the time? ! plus free shipping on orders over $ 100.oo ? ! dannymrmissile
Old 10-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile
Why dont everyone buy at Belleville wholesale hobby, where its 40% off ALL the time? ! plus free shipping on orders over $ 100.oo ? ! dannymrmissile

I know there are several here that do use them, but there's a couple of reasons why many don't.

Shipping has not traditionally been free. In fact, it's always been pretty steep, cutting drastically into the discount compared to other companies with modest discounts and free shipping. I just looked at a new order form from Belleville's site and it doesn't mention free shipping. I'd guess you are referring to their promotional mailings like the post card they send out for birthdays.

The big discount has traditionally only been by mail order, with CC's not getting the big discount. I see they now give the full discount with a CC order, but most people have generally stuck with their usual vendors.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Incorrigible Kit Basher

I don't spend $100 or more very often, and when I do, I generally send it to Semroc... where the shipping is always free (though that's hardly the only reason I patronize them). When I buy stuff at HL, it's because (a) I'm there, and (b) I've got a 40% coupon in hand, and (c) I see something I want.

I send Belleville money when I need engines... since Wal-Mart stopped selling them, it's the best deal I can find.
Once upon a better day... SAM #0076
My site: http://rocketry.gonnerman.org
Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Default 40 % off

hi. Well I dont know-every time ive ordered from ron-its always been over $100.oo and free shipping. Lots of people wont give it unless you ASK. But last month, Ron told me I was one of his very 1st customers (early 80s). Maybe that Ive done so much business over the years helps ? ! I ALWAYS phone in my orders & pay w/debit card-same as cash. Maybe thats it. Theres alco AC Supply. Thanx for tha letter ! dannymrmissile.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I HATE ENGINE HOOKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
I don't spend $100 or more very often, and when I do, I generally send it to Semroc... where the shipping is always free (though that's hardly the only reason I patronize them). When I buy stuff at HL, it's because (a) I'm there, and (b) I've got a 40% coupon in hand, and (c) I see something I want.

I send Belleville money when I need engines... since Wal-Mart stopped selling them, it's the best deal I can find.

Dont get me wrong-its not every month I order stuff ! Carl @ SEMROC is a dear friend of mine/was gonna meet up w/him this weekend, but I was ill. I get a lot from Carl, and not just kits. We talk a good bit too. I buy from Hobby Lobby too. Sometimes pay retail. Just chatting I guess. Like to do business with many people/companies. Carl's done some great things, hasn't he ? ! dannymrmissile.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Reptilian Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymrmissile

I buy engines at acsupplyco.com -- 40% off and free shipping over $100. Fast and reliable. I also buy bulk estes kits from them when I need them for Space Exploration MB builds, etc.

Sam
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Craftsman

Default 40% Off and $2 Shipping

This was posted on TRF, thought I would put it up over here also... Not bad for those of us a litttle ways away from a HL.

Hobby Lobby Sale
NAR #93503
MASA section 576
SAM #0316
Old 12-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Dazed and Confused

Where was Don when we needed him? Today's the last day of this particular 40% off coupon.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/assets/dy...1_53_coupon.gif