Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > WOOSH - Wisconsin Organization of Spacemodeling Hobbyists > WOOSH News
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Out to launch...

Default Looking for help June 11/12

I'm wondering if anyone perusing this forum that is of L3 status will be attending the June launch at Bong State Recreation Area(coughhintwooshprezcoughcough). I'm in need of a pair of L3 eyes to oversee my L2 certification attempt and the details that go along with. This can also be acomplished with two sets of L2 eyes, I was just trying to keep the inconvenience level to a minimum. Anyone willing to offer that hour, who might want more information of my intentions ahead of time, should PM me. Thanks for any concideration, Chad.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Ditto for Steve Lohr

I'm also looking for a level 2 qual that weekend, using either my Wildman Jr., Wildman DD or Minnie Mag. Already did my Level 2 test, so that part is out of the way. Anyone interested in observing/qualifying me?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default test

Would like to observe future events in Southern Wisconsin, where do I find out about getting study material to take test? I built rockets in High school & want to get back in to it.
Gabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLohr
I'm also looking for a level 2 qual that weekend, using either my Wildman Jr., Wildman DD or Minnie Mag. Already did my Level 2 test, so that part is out of the way. Anyone interested in observing/qualifying me?
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Out to launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe
Would like to observe future events in Southern Wisconsin, where do I find out about getting study material to take test? I built rockets in High school & want to get back in to it.
Gabe

Hi Gabe,
You can find information about the local NAR section at www.wooshrocketry.org. You will find information about current launches there as well, next Saturday being next on the calendar. Feel free to stop by a launch or a club meeting whenever you're able! Chad
Old 11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default thanks

Thank you for the reply, I'm looking forward to observing. How much land is needed to lauch rockets?
I have 40 acres in Eagle, WI
Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Out to launch...

No problem. We have a launch this coming Saturday, come on out! As far as land requirements, that depends on the size motors you wish to fly. Larger motors require larger fields and longer "safe" distances to be maintained. Chad
Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Jingle rockets

Went to Sod Farm in New Berlin around 10:40 am and only one person, Russ i think, was there with four children. Would have stayed longer but I broke my wife's umbrella when I had to duck & turn from an incoming-falling rocket.
Wife wanted to get Christmas shopping done, so to make her happy I soggily left.
I'm looking forward to coming to the January Launch at Bong. My father in law is a pyromaniac every forth of july and we spend hundreds of $ on rockets, so I think he will get a big kick out of watching as well.
What tab do I go to to find out about getting certifications for rockets?
Gabe
Old 12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Out to launch...

Glad you made it out Gabe! That was Russ n' family you met, he was the brave one. The weather kept me home, working the night before didn't help the motivation factor either. Keep an eye on the WOOSH rocketry website for winter launch info, sometimes the weather becomes a factor. The January launch is fun, and usually quite small. It's been said that "January is for the truly committed, or those that should be." See ya' there! Chad