Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWolman
Nova Salamander-5 Rocket/Glider
RDC RDC Nova III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Dan,

Please include the above two in Bob's box along with the Halley's Tail that Craig mentioned. I'll check to see if we need any of those Centuri plans you listed.
Yes, I'm interested in these plans as well. Scott, once you get them, do you mind sending me a copy? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

I have an open Sea Strike around here somwhere - I'll dig it out an dscan the decals and patterns.

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
observations of my own...

Centuri Payloader II - is this posted ? will have to go hunt, as I thought no ( if so, my bad )

Estes Halley's Tail - much needed as pointed out

Estes Skinny Mini - agian, this was one that jumped out to me as needed, but maybe has been posted since my last mental update ?

* DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL * .. this one I;ve personally asked about in the past, so , yes, starry eyed and waiting :-)

Estes Sea Strike D

Do you have the decals to scan for this ? one that's sorely missing ( and I need to restore my vintage original ) , I think the plans are up, not sure about patterns, etc.

looking forward to seeing some of these ( and updated ' we still need " list - will get some of my own goodies around sometime , when I get my life back together and a new scanner aquired, etc.

~ AL
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Centuri Payloader II - is this posted ? will have to go hunt, as I thought no ( if so, my bad )

This is one is on all three plans sites. I have both the original version Payloader II plans and the new version Payloader II plans on my site. To easily find plans for Estes or Centuri kits, view the Expanded Kit Lists for both Estes and Centuri on my Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe site. Craig McGraw did a great job in putting these together for me. They use my original kit lists, but incorporate hyperlinks to the plans for each kit.

Quote:
Estes Halley's Tail - much needed as pointed out

Sean sent this to me yesterday.

Quote:
Estes Skinny Mini - agian, this was one that jumped out to me as needed, but maybe has been posted since my last mental update ?

This one is on JimZ.

Quote:

* DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL * .. this one I;ve personally asked about in the past, so , yes, starry eyed and waiting :-)

I've asked Dan to send these plans to Bob Harrington so he can scan them for us.

Quote:
Estes Sea Strike D

Do you have the decals to scan for this ? one that's sorely missing ( and I need to restore my vintage original ) , I think the plans are up, not sure about patterns, etc.

Sean is going to send me scans of these decals.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 11-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Craftsman

I think I have a handle on which plans to bring to Bob, so no worries - hopefully someone can build something from the plans...

Dan
Old 11-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout

Sean sent this to me yesterday.

This one is on JimZ.

I've asked Dan to send these plans to Bob Harrington so he can scan them for us.

Sean is going to send me scans of these decals.

Oops... I have the Sea Dart, not the Sea Strike. Sorry.

Sean
Old 11-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Cars, Games, Rockets Oh my

What about the Alpha II? I just won an auction for them on the ebay. From the picture it looks just like the Alpha once its put together. I'll try to get the instructions and stuff to you Buzz.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:21 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lence
What about the Alpha II? I just won an auction for them on the ebay. From the picture it looks just like the Alpha once its put together. I'll try to get the instructions and stuff to you Buzz.

Ryan,

If I remember previous discussions about that model, it was intended for distribution to educators and not to the general public. The pieces were printed with some of the instructions, or with markings for "where to put things".

Does your version have a balsa or plastic NC?

I'm sure Scott would say "Yes" to getting a scan of those plans for YORP, and I would like to create an entry in the Extended Estes Kit List as well. Scan everything, including the components themselves, if possible. The more documentation the better.

Thanks!

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Cars, Games, Rockets Oh my

I can do that. I just found a scanner from my parents house so I'm going to see if I can get it working.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Master Modeler

Default Plans and some questions about Quest

I recently acquired a LARGE cache (4 large Rubbermaid containers) of all sorts of model rocket kits, decals, plans, header cards, catalogs and other assorted parts. I think I may have several plans which are not yet posted or about to be posted on YORP. Here's a list of plans that I may can help with:

1986 Reliant
1992 Dasher
2041 Menace
2060 Bandit
2061 Rampage
2062 Dagger
2076 Pegasus
2092 Mongoose
However, I don't have access to a scanner. I would not have a problem sending these plans to someone to scan provided I get them back.

I have yet to finish my inventory of all this stuff but there are 2 large padded envelopes of Estes decals and a large stack of header cards that may be of use as well. (as far as completing some of the plans already posted)
There are several other companies in all this stuff as well, I will try get a list together and see if there is anything that may be of use.
Was once SAM#0132

Last edited by Sadmug : 12-19-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmug
I recently acquired a LARGE cache (4 large Rubbermaid containers) of all sorts of model rocket kits, decals, plans, header cards, catalogs and other assorted parts. I think I may have several plans which are not yet posted or about to be posted on YORP. Here's a list of plans that I may can help with:

1986 Reliant
1992 Dasher
2041 Menace
2060 Bandit
2061 Rampage
2062 Dagger
2076 Pegasus
2092 Mongoose
However, I don't have access to a scanner. I would not have a problem sending these plans to someone to scan provided I get them back.

I have yet to finish my inventory of all this stuff but there are 2 large padded envelopes of Estes decals and a large stack of header cards that may be of use as well. (as far as completing some of the plans already posted)
There are several other companies in all this stuff as well, I will try get a list together and see if there is anything that may be of use.

Why aren't there any Quest plans on YORP? Being that they are still in business, is it a legal thing? Are their kits junk? I don't recall ever seeing a post here about Quest. I have never built or flown a Quest kit so I know absolutely nothing about them. However, I have a large container of plans and kits that I'd be willing to share if you guys are interested.

Well, I'm just north of you (Bartlett, TN) and can arrange to pick the items up and scan them. Send me a PM and let's see what we can arrange. I can do all the driving too. As for the Quest plans, Scott is getting them together to post....There's another thread here for them somewhere.