Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2024, 04:17 AM
Craftsman

Default Centuri/Enerjet Sky-Trak Altitude Computer and Flight Data Sheets

Does anyone happen to have originals or copies of the Centuri/Enerjet Sky-Trak Altitude Computer and Flight Data Sheets that they can photograph and/or scan and share please?

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Centuri-Enerjet_Sky-Trak_Altitude_Computer_and_FDS.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  172.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Centuri_Sky-Trak.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  125.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Centuri-Enerjet_Sky-Trak.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  186.5 KB  
Old 03-01-2024, 09:59 AM
frustrated aero

Here is a Centuri data sheet, and an old NAR form I came across in the same folder.

I will try to find the "computer" ... it is over-sized, so I won't be able to decently scan it, plus it is rolled up somewhere. If I find it, I will try to take a photo of it at least.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Centuri_TrackingDataSheet.pdf (90.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: pdf NAR_TrackingDataSheet.pdf (61.4 KB, 30 views)
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 03-01-2024, 12:27 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketguy101
Here is a Centuri data sheet, and an old NAR form I came across in the same folder.

I will try to find the "computer" ... it is over-sized, so I won't be able to decently scan it, plus it is rolled up somewhere. If I find it, I will try to take a photo of it at least.

Hi David,

Wow! Thank you! I am grateful for any resources you or anyone else can provide. The Centuri Flight Data Sheets look great! The NAR one looks good, too!

If you find the Centuri Altitude Computer sheet and can photograph it, could you also provide the dimensions please as reference? Do you know if you or someone also might have the plotting board clear acetate arms and the Centuri Sky-trak protractor(s) that go with the Centuri Altitude Computer Sheet and could possibly photograph or scan them, as well?

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR
Old 03-01-2024, 01:30 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithwalker
Hi David,

Wow! Thank you! I am grateful for any resources you or anyone else can provide. The Centuri Flight Data Sheets look great! The NAR one looks good, too!

If you find the Centuri Altitude Computer sheet and can photograph it, could you also provide the dimensions please as reference? Do you know if you or someone also might have the plotting board clear acetate arms and the Centuri Sky-trak protractor(s) that go with the Centuri Altitude Computer Sheet and could possibly photograph or scan them, as well?

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR

Yes, if you can make some photos of the Altitude Computer, with arms I'd like to see it. This is one of those little items I've been trying to find for a while (like that Centuri tool kit and several other items), and they just don't pop up every day. Well, hardly at all!

Did the computer plot sheet and arms mount onto some type of cardboard backing or such?

I have the data sheets scanned, but they look the same as the ones David already posted.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 03-01-2024, 01:55 PM
frustrated aero

Yes I have all of it...the computer sheet has been rolled-up for decades, so I am trying to flatten it out now. The clear arms were slightly warped too, but in good shape. I thought this was stored with the trackers in my garage, so I took the opportunity to get photos of one them. Also attached are the instructions for the comp board.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  20240301_125252MR.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  972.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20240301_125330MR.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  766.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20240301_125449MR.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  1.02 MB  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Centuri_AltitudeComputer_Instructions.pdf (968.6 KB, 29 views)
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 03-01-2024, 01:59 PM
frustrated aero

Note with the tracker head removed, you can add an adapter to launch rockets off the tripod! I saw Larry Brown of Centuri/EnerJet do that at a modroc conference and he lay under the tripod to take a liftoff shot. I copied his technique to get the pic in my avatar (larger version attached since the avatar pics don't show up now)

Edit: The adapter was DIY, not something Centuri produced. I was about 13 when I did this, BTW.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  MercRedstone.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  1.49 MB  
Get yer Barrowmans here

Last edited by rocketguy101 : 03-01-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:07 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Note with the tracker head removed, you can add an adapter to launch rockets off the tripod! I saw Larry Brown of Centuri/EnerJet do that at a modroc conference and he lay under the tripod to take a liftoff shot. I copied his technique to get the pic in my avatar (larger version attached since the avatar pics don't show up now)

That's very cool! Thank you, David!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
NAR #46879 SR
Old 03-01-2024, 03:09 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Yes I have all of it...the computer sheet has been rolled-up for decades, so I am trying to flatten it out now. The clear arms were slightly warped too, but in good shape. I thought this was stored with the trackers in my garage, so I took the opportunity to get photos of one them. Also attached are the instructions for the comp board.

Thanks for posting these. I had wondered if the the backing board (figured there had to be one) was included in some way (folded cardboard perhaps) or if you had to supply the backing board yourself. I can see it is the latter.

Never have seen these instructions before...thanks! I got a Sky-Trak about five years ago (finally), but it did not have the computer with it. It was otherwise complete and un-assembled.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 03-01-2024, 03:29 PM
frustrated aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Thanks for posting these. I had wondered if the the backing board (figured there had to be one) was included in some way (folded cardboard perhaps) or if you had to supply the backing board yourself. I can see it is the latter.

Never have seen these instructions before...thanks! I got a Sky-Trak about five years ago (finally), but it did not have the computer with it. It was otherwise complete and un-assembled.

Earl

I see the tracker instructions are here , didn't realize the other bits aren't online.

The comp board is 0.010" thick poster paper, coated. The arms are 0.050" thick clear plastic
Get yer Barrowmans here
Old 03-01-2024, 03:58 PM
Craftsman

Quote:

Edit: The adapter was DIY, not something Centuri produced. I was about 13 when I did this, BTW.

The modern equivalent would be a surveyor's/construction tripod. Starting about $70 new anywhere reasonable you look, can be had for quite a bit less used. Beefy as heck, solid aluminum construction. I don't have a clue why more of us aren't using them for launching, except that the community is just ignorant of the technology.