Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceclipper
Your welcome ! Tommy serves up barbecue too, worth the price of admission for his barbecue chicken... It's a great field , lots of model rockets as well as mid and high power.

Went to the field yesterday to see if your club was flying (about a half hour from my home). They were. Saw my first mid and high-power flights, not to mention flying Christmas trees and a multi-colored rocket motor bonfire (quite warm). Spoke with Tommy and some other club members. What a great bunch of folks. They made us (my gal and me) feel welcome and patiently answered my uninformed questions. It's no wonder you're a member—really cool people who have their act together, like to have fun and know how to go about it. And what a nice local for launching rockets. I had no idea. 17 or so thousand feet of airspace? No wonder the big rockets show up. I thought that stuff only went down in the western deserts. I got something of an education and was mightily impressed. We'll be back next month with (hopefully) some younger minds to impress and warp.

Thanks again for mentioning them.