Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
My old man bought a used Renault Fuego back in the 80's for my mom to drive to work... that was runnin' lil car, lemme tell ya. It was front wheel drive, but the engine sat in it fwd/backwards like a rear wheel drive car... the transmission was behind it like normal but drove the differential built into the front part of the transmission case through a jackshaft or something... CV joints came out from either side to the wheels... that car ran like a scalded dog... rode nice, just a nice car... Mom drove the wheels off it. EXCELLENT balance and handling!

Problem was, when it started getting a little older... it had always been a bit hard to get parts for, then one day the alternator went out. Couldn't find one for love nor money. Dad finally had it rebuilt at an alternator shop for like $300 (which was a lot of money in those days-- probably like $1,000 or more now). So once he had it running again he decided to trade it on a Plymouth Horizon... which was a POS...

Evidently, it's the Dodge/Chrysler/AMC collaboration with Renault on cheap-@$$ models that was the problem, because that Renault Fuego was a nice car...

later! OL JR

Ah, yes. The Fuego. The French answer to the Matador. (A What-ador?)

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Ah, yes. The Fuego. The French answer to the Matador. (A What-ador?)
One time when we stopped for gas in our 72 matador, the guy who was filling the tank (full service stations!), honestly did say, "So that's a Matador!".
NAR #87246 www.wooshrocketry.org
Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 PM
BP Mafia

Good news. I managed to peel out the remaining glue fillets from the toasted and ejected engine mount last night. Luckily, I bought extra 5060 centering rings and hooks when I ordered from Semroc, so today I built a new motor mount. A whole lot of burnt paper came out when I sanded last night, so I have a feeling this tube is fairly thin in spots, but at this point I just need it to hold up for one flight. I'm not going to mess with C11s anymore. First flight will be a D12-3. If it survives, the next will be an E9-4. I just want a liftoff shot, so I'll be happy with one. Two will be a bonus.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2