Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 AM
The_Ripper

Default North Coast Rocketry Catalogs on Ninfinger

Sven just posted some scans I sent him on CD-R of five North Coast Rocketry catalogs.

1990-1991

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/rockets.html

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 11-11-2007, 12:33 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Sven just posted some scans I sent him on CD-R of five North Coast Rocketry catalogs.

1990-1991

http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/rockets.html

Finally! Me and my Phantom 4000 immortalized on the web! (page 9 of the 1990 catalog).
You can see it as it is today in one of the rotating photos in the left side of http://nsl2008.org .
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Finally! Me and my Phantom 4000 immortalized on the web! (page 9 of the 1990 catalog).
You can see it as it is today in one of the rotating photos in the left side of http://nsl2008.org .

Roy,

The photo on the NSL site looks really nice showing off your red-white-blue color scheme! Pretty cool that you are still flying it too.

I bought a lot of the smaller NCR kits and parts through the catalog back then. The largest kit I had was the Hypersonic 1800. I always wanted the 4000 or 4000HD and both of the replica versions of the EnerJet models but I procrastinated and missed out .....

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl

hmmmm....I haven't noticed anything but a girl.....
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Roy,

The photo on the NSL site looks really nice showing off your red-white-blue color scheme! Pretty cool that you are still flying it too.

I bought a lot of the smaller NCR kits and parts through the catalog back then. The largest kit I had was the Hypersonic 1800. I always wanted the 4000 or 4000HD and both of the replica versions of the EnerJet models but I procrastinated and missed out .....

Thanks. The photo in the catalog was taken before its first flight in Huntsville at the Old Airport; Matt had given it to me to build for a hobby show here in Atlanta. The photo on nsl2008 was taken on what could've been its last flight back in February. It got treed in some dense woods, but a long shock cord did its job and allowed the body to hang at eye level. Looked for it for 30 minutes when somebody yelled, hey, its right in front of you!

It made another flight a month ago, but landed hard and cracked a fin at the root. Fixable, but I finally built the Estes Phantom 4000 that I bought to replace it nearly 10 years ago. Besides, I still have two Ace nose cones, so I could build two more!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
hmmmm....I haven't noticed anything but a girl.....

The 1989 catalog was better for that! Rockets? What rockets??
Old 11-13-2007, 08:21 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:

1990-1991

Steve,

Thanks for getting those sent in to Sven. Matt gave me a bunch of catalogs to scan for this purpose but I haven't had the chance to do it yet.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 11-19-2007, 08:43 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Steve,

Thanks for getting those sent in to Sven. Matt gave me a bunch of catalogs to scan for this purpose but I haven't had the chance to do it yet.

Sorry Scott, I didn't get an email reply and overlooked your last post here.

Actually I scanned those a long time ago when I was using your auctions. I foolishly auctioned all of those years ago but I had scanned them at high res as .tif files so I burned them to a CD-R and sent them to Sven. Sven had to work them for use on the site.

I use the resources of that site so much I felt it was only fair to give back a little something

I really liked North Coast Rocketry. I hope they do offer plan packs in the future for some of their fine kits.

SAM# 0052