Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 PM
BP Mafia

Tony's last flight was his LOC Cyclotron on a G-something. This is going to be his eventual Level 1 bird.

This was Tony's first day launching since 2003. As we were packing up to leave, he mentioned that he might come back on Sunday, so the hook seems to have set again.
Also worth mentioning; I was taking pics of some of our rockets and I saw a guy walk up to Tony and introduce himself after they mistakenly called my name for his rocket. Tony pointed my way and after ten years I finally met Wolfram von Kiparski. Wolf was running the competition portion of the Great Lakes Regional and we were able to talk a couple of times over the course of the day. Another celebrity sighting was our LCO for the day, Barry Lynch. I was glad that I had brought one of his products to fly for a change.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Alas, I did not make to the Sunday launch. Those are great pictures.

The rocketry bug as bit me again. I went and bought some more D12s for my Pheonix and Silver Comet .
Old 05-10-2012, 05:39 PM
BAR

Hi Bill, It's great someone finally posted some pictures of this event, I was helping to manage the pads those 2 days, old guy, red mustache.

wick
Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickball
Hi Bill, It's great someone finally posted some pictures of this event, I was helping to manage the pads those 2 days, old guy, red mustache.

wick

Hi Wick,
I'm old guy, grey goatee. Tony was older, taller guy with grey goatee. I've got more pics, but I haven't had time to post them. I'll get right on that.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
BP Mafia

http://photobucket.com/TCSB_Great_Lakes_Regional_2012

I'm going to send these to the TCSB web guys. I saw something posted asking for some earlier today. Now I just have to remember where.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfr
Alas, I did not make to the Sunday launch. Those are great pictures.

The rocketry bug as bit me again. I went and bought some more D12s for my Pheonix and Silver Comet .

Next TORC launch is Sunday, May 20th. I'm planning on heading up if you want to meet me there. Should only be about a two hour trip for you, because it an hour and a half for me.

I miss being SAM 0058