Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
GET GOONY!!

Very nice stash!!

I recommend selling the old unopened kits on ebay, then building clones of them. With the extra money you have, you will be able to buy many more kits to build and fly!!

I spent $125.00 to purchase my boxed Citation Patriot.... with that kind of cash, you could built 5-10 kits!!

Phred

GET GOONY!!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Former Teen Rocketeer

Talking

Dang! I would have sold you mine ... I do agree with your advice. It will be many years before my son is ready or interested in building advanced rockets as these.

We've got a good, durable starter kit rocket for now, plus my D engine V2 that only needs a paint job. I'll hang on to the Orbital Transport and Interceptor kits for my personal collection, and build a Red Max clone with him. We'll see how it goes from there.

Coming soon to eBay ... Shrike, Space Shuttle, Patriot, and miscellaneous parts collection! Tell your friends and neighbors :-)
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Former Teen Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
NIce batch of goodies , and , as noted, would bring a few bucks - sell the vintage kits to someone who appreciates them, and grab a recent starter set and go fly a few with your family .

I noted the decal set for the LTV Scout in your photo - I'd be VERY interested in that, to refinished my original that the decals are flaking off .

Let me know ? ( * begs *, lol )

~ AL

Al - I'm putting some items up on eBay today. I'll list the LTV decals as well - it's just the easiest way for me to move this stuff. I'll start the bidding low and you can take it from there. Does that work for you?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Send a message via AIM to gstarraider Send a message via MSN to gstarraider
Default old kits

check with ye old rocket shop or jimz to see if the plans or decals are needed so we could all share in your pack rat glory. maybe they can be used by others to upscale or clone