Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Sometimes collector

Default Looking for Dr. Zooch ASTP and Soyuz 40th Anniversary Limited Edition

A year ago, on March 14, a waterline in our kitchen separated and caused extensive damage, but could have been much worse. The news about Dr. Zooch prompted me to write this as I was hopeful I would be able to replace two of the damaged kits. Although I was able to recover the contents of an MLAS I had in the same area, the wraps in the Zooch kits are not usable and other parts and the boxes were heavily damaged. This set includes two seperate kits, the Saturn 1B and the Soyuz which is specially downscaled to match. The ASTP has special meaning because I have vivid memories of it but am too young to remember the moon landings. I would love to replace this set if anyone is willing to part with it for a fair price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_3535.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  1.99 MB  
Old 03-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Craftsman

you might be able to flatten them and photocopy onto 110# cardstock. Rosco Racer created a more detailed set of wraps for the Saturn 1B kit. Too big to post here, but can be emailed.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:44 PM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenP
you might be able to flatten them and photocopy onto 110# cardstock. Rosco Racer created a more detailed set of wraps for the Saturn 1B kit. Too big to post here, but can be emailed.

They are probably distorted but that might be my only hope. I just got the 1b as that kit is the same so I may be able to remake those wraps for the damaged 1b, but the Soyuz is smaller than the Dr.s regular production kits.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:54 PM
7/21/61

Wes is a really nice guy. I'm pretty sure if you send him a note (he's on Facebook) I bet he'd get you new wraps.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:05 PM
Sometimes collector

I did, and he asked me to check for other damage as well so it looks like I can get it buildable!
Old 04-08-2018, 01:28 AM
Craftsman

I made these fin templates to paper over the balsa wedge fins for the 1B. They will go with the wraps by RoscoRacer. Might not match up well to the stock wraps. Also added the tank fillets pre-colored to match the roll patterns, shape is slightly different than the kit pattern to overlap each other a little bit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fins_RoscoRacer_foldover.pdf (56.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Sometimes collector

Thanks, I still have to dig the Soyuz out as well to let the good Dr. Know what is damaged.