Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketflyer
Hi All,

The Coaster Plans for Coasters DynaSoar CENTAURI B/G have been sent to Buzz ( Eagle 3) for scanning. Take note that there is some measurement notes that I had wriiten in, as youngster, that may appear. I hope you all enjoy it when it gets posted. I seem to recall, on one of the archive photos, someone holding a built model of the Centauri.

Jack ( Rocketflyer)

Thank you, Jack!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 11-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Plans have been received and I've started work on them. Page two is done. It was easy, btw, each sheet requires 8 scans on my A3 scanner, so yea... it's HUGE. Page one has been scanned, I'm just piecing it together. I should have both sheets done and sent to Scott on Monday which is when you can start pestering him to post them. Till then here's a little tease....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Centauri.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  43.4 KB  
Old 11-03-2006, 09:07 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

Quote:
Ugh, just remembered something.( I have a case of CRS...Can't Rember S.... ! ), Way back at a RATS launch, here in N.J. , I was talking to Doug Pratt about the plans. I gave him a copy as he was interested and maybe "kit" it.

Another question for you guys. Anyone remember the launch pad put out by Nova Industries? Dave B was the owner, but without the catalog in front of me, can't remember his last name. Great launcher, could take the old "C" rails as well. I have a picture of it, loading an FSI Black Brant on it for my NATREK Silver, around 1978. Could use a launcher like this, it would beat the crap out of the Mantis pad.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I appreciate it. I escaped some time ago, I'm not going back willingly.... arrrrrgh!

Jack

Ahh.. RATS

lol, the good ole days, I think we attanded near every one of those.

as for the Nova Research Associates launch pad, I remember those ( the catalog, iirc, *IS* posted on Ninfinger ).
would love to get patterns or info on cloning that pad myself ( or thier Salamander B/G ), definately brings back memories...

~ AL
Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3
Plans have been received and I've started work on them. Page two is done. It was easy, btw, each sheet requires 8 scans on my A3 scanner, so yea... it's HUGE. Page one has been scanned, I'm just piecing it together. I should have both sheets done and sent to Scott on Monday which is when you can start pestering him to post them. Till then here's a little tease....

Buzz.... that teaser was Soooooooo cruel

now you know I ( and a few other 'vintage hpr geeks' ) are not going to sleep all weekend .........

~ AL
Old 11-04-2006, 07:12 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Another question for you guys. Anyone remember the launch pad put out by Nova Industries? Dave B was the owner, but without the catalog in front of me, can't remember his last name. Great launcher, could take the old "C" rails as well. I have a picture of it, loading an FSI Black Brant on it for my NATREK Silver, around 1978. Could use a launcher like this, it would beat the crap out of the Mantis pad.

Dave Babulski.

He's been a member of our section (SoAR) for many years, and a member of GAMMA even further back. GAMMA had one of the last production models of that launcher. It was called the "Launch Commander." I flew many E-H flights from that launcher. Don't know what happened to it, but I don't think it made it along in GAMMA's move from Atlanta to Macon.

When he does come to launches now (which is about once a year), he brings his other three-position launcher, called the "Launch Master."

You can find the '82 NOVA catalog at:
http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock.../82novacat.html
Old 11-04-2006, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Dave Babulski.

He's been a member of our section (SoAR) for many years, and a member of GAMMA even further back. GAMMA had one of the last production models of that launcher. It was called the "Launch Commander." I flew many E-H flights from that launcher. Don't know what happened to it, but I don't think it made it along in GAMMA's move from Atlanta to Macon.

When he does come to launches now (which is about once a year), he brings his other three-position launcher, called the "Launch Master."

You can find the '82 NOVA catalog at:
http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rock.../82novacat.html

ANy chance of maybe getting spome plans for that ??? * drool *

~ AL
Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

I seem to recall...man, it was a long time ago...that Coaster had a long burn "F" black powder motor that had a 6 second burn.

I recall that I had purchased and flown three of those motor. One rocket even launchied a white mouse.

Gosh, I hope that wasn't something I remembered through the use of some illegal smoke in the 60's.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 11-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Administrator

The scans have been sent to Scott. Two sheets and they're something around 37"x26" in other words..... HUGE! Here's another teaser.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  coaster.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  75.7 KB  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Member in Good Standing!

Default Nova

Yes, Dave Babulski was his name.

Funny, my launcher did not look like any of those. Mine had a plastic "ring' on a wooden base, and a plastic top, on which was mounted the wood piece that held a curved Estes syle blast defector, ( a REAL deflector not the" Reflectors " out now), to which the rod/ rail was attached also. The catalog showed that "coming soon" was a "Terrier" style dual pad coming out. ****, I wish I still had that launcher. Wish I can find that catalog too.

Jack (Rocketflyer)
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Talking Nova Industries, Enerjet Cat#721, FSI Cat'79, FSI BBll Plans

Well, I located the Nova Industries catalog. Looks like a copy, with letter from Dave inside, with the corner stapled sheets. Catalog is from 1979, the year I bought my pad from them. Very nice stuff. The Enerjet catalog has my old friends name in, it with some writing , and front and rear cover falling off the staples. Good cond though. The FSI catalog, 1979, has some writing in it as well, with the price sheet still stapled inside. I have the full set of FSI Black Brant ll plans, with notations written inside, and they are in very good cond. In 1979, got my NARTREK Silver with this bird.

Would you folks like me to send this stuff to Buzz, for scanning, and to add to this forum? Let me know.

Rocketflyer