Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Building Techniques
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Master Modeler

Default White Glue Users

I have always used Elmers white glue with great results but then they changed the forumla and not it is junk. Titebond origianl wood glue is great but I don't like the yellow staining it leaves behind especially on my freeflight airplanes. Today I was at Lowe's and I found a new Titebond glue called translucent wood glue. It is exactly the same forumla as Titebond Wood glue but it dries clear.
Titebond's Translucent Wood Glue and No-Run, No-Drip Wood Glue
Titebond debuted two brand new glues at AWFS® Fair 2011: Translucent Wood Glue and No-Run, No-Drip Wood Glue. Here are the 2 new glues from Titebond.

"Titebond Translucent Wood Glue has all the characteristics of Titebond Original Wood Glue but leaves virtually invisible glue lines when dry. In other words, woodworkers won’t be able to see what makes Franklin International’s newest Titebond wood glue so unique. Besides the transparent glue lines, Titebond Translucent Wood Glue also provides excellent bond strength, a four-to-six-minute working time and shorter clamp time. Once cured, Titebond Translucent offers higher heat resistance than typical PVA glues for more durable bonds over time and better sanding characteristics. And, because the glue is non-toxic, it’s a safe glue to use when introducing children to woodworking.

Titebond's No-Run, No-Drip Wood Glue is the highest viscosity PVA wood glue on the market. It stays right where it’s put, for easy, neat gluing of interior trim carpentry or small trim pieces on cabinets and furniture. It has a faster dry time then Titebond's Molding and Trim Glue, yet still provides three to five minutes of open time for repositioning. Its strong initial tack holds trim in place. "
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  8-oz_-titebond-translucent-wood-glue.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  34.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  037083624038xl.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  89.5 KB