Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamy
Nice photos and report. You're very fortunate to have a launch field close to home that you can just go fly when the whim and weather strike your fancy. My preferred field is about 25 minutes away. I generally don't get home until after seven, so I don't get a lot of time to fly rockets. I'm hoping once the sailing schedule calms down, to have a bit more time on the weekends. It kinda works out. What's good for sailing is bad for rockets and vice-versa. It was certainly a sailing weekend here.

The Javelin is a great little flyer. Unfortunately I lost my original '69 the last time out, which still irks me. It was my fault, but still... I'm disappointed.

That's a nice lot of rockets you put up. An evening like that would gratify me immensely. Cheers!

Last night was definitely lucky. There are usually ball games every night, but despite the fact that the fields were freshly dragged only a couple of families showed up. I forgot to mention that when I was tracking the Solar Warrior, I stepped on my launch pad and broke off a leg. People were watching, so I had to do a Pee Wee Herman "I meant to do that" thing.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 05-21-2012, 01:45 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
You're making me jealous, actually. The weather just hasn't cooperated here all year.

I've done really well this spring at B6-4. If not for ONE ROGUE BREEZE.

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism
You mentioned that you could not see the Spin Fin spin. I noticed that I could not see my Estes (Centuri) Twister spin as well. Even on an A6-4, it took off quickly immediately flew into the wind and was lost.

So if these rockets do spin...I'll have to take their word for it

Mine was an A8-3 flight. I had a good view of the smoke trail. If there was a wiggle, I missed it.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 05-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I do not like Facebook

Someone needs to update the motor usage numbers in his signature block?

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Someone needs to update the motor usage numbers in his signature block?

Bill

He knows.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 PM
BP Mafia

I was out walking with my wife tonight and we walked over toward the back of the field so I could check to see if the Mini Max had dislodged itself from the imprisonment of the RET. No such luck, but I did spot the parachute in the tree. Looks like it will be there for the long haul, so I'll be using a 40% coupon tomorrow. Like I NEED another project.

I miss being SAM 0058