Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Craftsman

Default Estes kit list

I'm wondering who used to maintain the Estes kit lists shown here?

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/kit_lists.htm

They are a helpful resource but could use some updating. I was looking for plans for a kit that's listed as being on the "Shasta" site, but that site appears to be long gone.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Master Modeler

[QUOTE=eljefe]I'm wondering who used to maintain the Estes kit lists shown here?

Scott the owner of YORF. I'm guessing you skipped the intro?

"The Estes Kit List was originally created by Tom McAtee. Throughout the years, contributions were made to Tom by Jeff Brundt and Buzz McDermott.

I found Tom's list in early 1998. It had not been updated in awhile, so, with Tom's permission I took over updating the list along with the help of Neil J. Tarasoff. I made sure it was kept updated and I made it available to everyone on the web via my website. Some of the people we've received list additions & corrections from are Neil J. Tarasoff, David O'Nan, Chris Fusick, Daniel Pinter, Don Altschwager, Craig Hilton, Larry Rice, Fred Talasco, John Brohm, Dan Eastwood, Dave Durazo, Jacques Beausejour, Leo Nutz, Carl McClawhorn and Roy Green. If I forgot anyone's names, please remind me and I'll add them here!

I would like to thank Don Altschwager for his hard work in cleaning up the format of the list, keeping the list updated in my absence and for creating the Estes Starter/Misc Kit List and the Centuri Kit List.

I would also like to thank Craig McGraw for creating the new Estes and Centuri Expanded Kit Lists. These new lists have links to the kit plans and catalog pictures if they're available.

I hope you will find these lists beneficial in keeping track of your Estes and Centuri collections.

If you know the dates of any kits with a question mark, see an error in the lists or know of a kit I don't already have listed in the Estes or Centuri Kit lists, please email me HERE."
Old 12-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Craftsman

Maybe I should have been more direct with what I was really asking. Is there a reason the list hasn't been updated since 2008? It seems like something that a lot of people would use. I came across it while searching for plans for a kit that's been out of production for 20 years.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe
Maybe I should have been more direct with what I was really asking. Is there a reason the list hasn't been updated since 2008? It seems like something that a lot of people would use. I came across it while searching for plans for a kit that's been out of production for 20 years.

No time. Life got in the way.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 12-28-2016, 09:23 PM
the middle-aged rocketeer

well who would have thought. LOL thanks for keeping the site going I appreciate that. I will understand how hard it is to keep things updated. seriously. I don't know what people expect when you're doing something on the side and trying to work it around what's really going on no offense to the original poster but the fact that you just keep the site up and running it's something thanks for your time I appreciate it
Old 12-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Junior Rocketeer

The original Centuri and Estes rocket lists were published in a book, "Flying Rocket Kits 1958-1988: A Guide for Spacemodelers" in March 1988 authored and copyrighted by me, Richard M. Jungclas. The lists that appear on various websites used the identical listing format that is used in my publication. Please update the introduction to include the appropriate reference.

This publication included lists of all known model rocket kits and manufacturers for the stated period. In the past I have had limited discussions with a couple of well known individuals to expand these lists into a history of mdoel rocketry with photographs and more details on some of the kits.

Richard M. Jungclas (aka Michael)
Old 12-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjungclas
The original Centuri and Estes rocket lists were published in a book, "Flying Rocket Kits 1958-1988: A Guide for Spacemodelers" in March 1988 authored and copyrighted by me, Richard M. Jungclas. The lists that appear on various websites used the identical listing format that is used in my publication. Please update the introduction to include the appropriate reference.

This publication included lists of all known model rocket kits and manufacturers for the stated period. In the past I have had limited discussions with a couple of well known individuals to expand these lists into a history of mdoel rocketry with photographs and more details on some of the kits.

Richard M. Jungclas (aka Michael)

Thank you for your work it is a wonderful resource.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Craftsman

I have been updating it for my own inventory but I have not sent it to Scott in quite a while. I will clean it up and send it in when I get a chance.

Don
Old 12-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Not so Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe
I'm wondering who used to maintain the Estes kit lists shown here?

http://www.rocketshoppe.com/kit_lists.htm

They are a helpful resource but could use some updating. I was looking for plans for a kit that's listed as being on the "Shasta" site, but that site appears to be long gone.

While not perfect, you can use the internet archive wayback machine to view the plans from Shasta, as long as you have the link from the list:

https://web.archive.org/web/2009102.../plan0866a.html

Which kit were you looking for?

kj
Old 05-01-2022, 11:51 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Today I finally found my copy of "Flying Model Rockets 1958-1988" (Second Edition).

I think it was after I received this book that I realized I had ALOT of rocket kits.