Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Doctor is In! > Ask the Doctor
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Cosmic American

I think it totally rocks as is. I place a LOT more value on the signed certificuit from Mr. Estes than even the idea of a mass launch that I wouldn't be able to attend!

Model rocketry has become a deeply significant catalyst for bonding between my son and I, and I am very, very grateful for that, even aside from the fact that I just really enjoy building/flying. I bow to Mr. Estes for that gift alone.

It will be really neat to spiritually connect with the sum total of all things model rocket while building/launching the Golden Scout. I will imagine all the builds that went on in childhood bedrooms in households all over, and the exitment as they went into their fields for the first time, carrying all that NEATO equipment with them... what a super cool hobby.

This whole thing was a mighty fine idea, RD... congrats and THANK YOU too! Maybe one day I'll have an RD signed Baby Bertha to go with the certificuit from Mr. Estes!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Runyon
I think it totally rocks as is. I place a LOT more value on the signed certificuit from Mr. Estes than even the idea of a mass launch that I wouldn't be able to attend!

Model rocketry has become a deeply significant catalyst for bonding between my son and I, and I am very, very grateful for that, even aside from the fact that I just really enjoy building/flying. I bow to Mr. Estes for that gift alone.

It will be really neat to spiritually connect with the sum total of all things model rocket while building/launching the Golden Scout. I will imagine all the builds that went on in childhood bedrooms in households all over, and the exitment as they went into their fields for the first time, carrying all that NEATO equipment with them... what a super cool hobby.

This whole thing was a mighty fine idea, RD... congrats and THANK YOU too! Maybe one day I'll have an RD signed Baby Bertha to go with the certificuit from Mr. Estes!

Let's not forget Semroc, Carl, Sheryl and bruce put alot of effort, time and sweat into this as well.

This is a dream come true for all of us.
Vern and Gleda are very happy about this Sky Of Gold event and are to be congatulated.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjon
:lol: That's really about a quarters' worth!

Hmmm you're right... I've never been all that good with money.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Cosmic American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Let's not forget Semroc

Indeed... Semroc is allowing us to experience what I imagine yall to have enjoyed back in the early days of Estes! Semroc is no doubt a true successor to the original spirit that Vern / Gleda created back then. It's a LOT of special fun to dig around in this big ol box of Semroc balsa and build... it's awesome to click on the plastic nose cones link at the Semroc site and find nothin!

Semroc inherited that orginal spirit already, but perhaps this Goldent Scout event makes it sybolically official.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Master Modeler

I was first intrigued by the mass launch concept, but now, with the new "fly it on your own and report back" plan, I finally took the plunge. I ordered my "Golden Scout" from Semroc a couple of hours ago. I can't wait to be a part of this.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Master Modeler

Default Golden Scouts have arrived!

I just recieved my Golden Scouts! This is sooo cool! I got flight #'s 100 and 103!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Golden Scout.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  104.3 KB  
SAM #0396
BAR 02/07
NAR 86940
KF4GUL
Aim high, fly straight!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Old Rocketeer

Carl, You gonna bring some Golden Scouts to NARCON? I will definetely pick one or two up if you do. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by falingtrea
Carl, You gonna bring some Golden Scouts to NARCON? I will definetely pick one or two up if you do. Thanks!

Definatley, CArl will be bringing Golden Socuts to NARCON
Old 03-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Master Modeler

I'm somewhat concerned about Estes "shot gun" ejection charges blowing my Scouts into bitty pieces. Anyone know how suitable a Quest A6-4 would be for this bird?
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 03-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Master Modeler

An A3 or 1/2A3 taped into a standard size casing would also do the job, possible with a less punishing ejection charge.