Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Contest, Sport, it's all good......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
For right now, though, do you see any obvious omissions or glaring errors in the most recent list? (See post #29, dated 4/7/08.)

So far one that I notice is the Maxima-B. Yes Apogee had two glider kits, the 1/2A-A size and the B size. Biggest reason I caught that is that I designed those, and also I see you did get the ASC gliders that I designed.

EDIT - link to a PDF file of a product update announcement that includes the Maxima-A and B models:
http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ca...e94/update1.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
Once I had compiled the list (up to date at the time) of all of the commercially-produced kits and the plans published in the issues of Model Rocketry and the Model Rocket News that I could find on the Web, I was going to turn my attention to adding in gliders flown at NARAM and the WSMC (as many as I could document), with an emphasis on unique or memorable designs (including medal-winners) and designs published in Section newsletters. And of course, there are all the issues of MR and its successors and the issues of MRN that I have not seen yet that I still need to scour for plans. And then, hoo boy!, then it will be on to research publications and resources from outside of the US, but that is going to be a long-term project, I'm sure.

I am working up a website with a lot of my stuff. Though in the R/C area, I will also include some other R/C R/G’s, which include a lot of the ones that won medals at WSMC. I keep moving back the public opening date for it but I think I'm going to choose March 1st and stick with it, and if other things are not done by then I’ll just add them later rather than keep delaying the site. Anyway, once open, you can see which ones I include. I will not be focusing as much on the non-R/C gliders, at least as far as other people’s designs. I will include some of my own free-flight gliders but not all (I have no plans from those old ASC gliders, at all, so a lot of the ones I will include will be the ones I drew up on a computer since 1985).

But for R/C, I wanted to document a lot of other models so people could see how things started, and how we got to where we are now. Which is also useful for people designing their own. Or perhaps realizing OK, you do not have to have the most modern design, a 30 year old Flagship model with current-day micro radio gear can be OUNCES lighter and stay up minutes longer than the originals did. This is also why I wanted to figure out of that Coasters “Centauri” gluier ever used R/C, which it seems it never did (successfully anyway), so it was Malewicki who had the first successful R/C B/G.

- George Gassaway

Last edited by georgegassaway : 02-14-2009 at 05:11 PM.