Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

Default Cosmodrome Vostok

Mike at Cosmodrome has been promising a new batch of Vostok kits for a couple of years now. Well, it appears he's got some ready - I got an email from Apogee announcing they had 8 of them in stock. The bad news is I saw the email about 90 minutes after it was sent, hit the link, and they were already sold out.
The good news is I presume there will be more...

I managed to get a hold of one several years ago (I've had amazingly good luck locating hard to find kits by simply sending out a plea on the NW Rocketry email list). A really, really tough build (not sure if it's the most difficult I've ever built, but it's definitely up there). Problem is I've been afraid to fly it since I didn't know if I could replace it. Hopefully I'll be able to get another kit and start flying the one I currently have.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Avid Builder

The email was sent out to their VIR customers first. I deleted it after placing my order, but as I recall it said that once they're gone they don't anticipate more, or words to that effect. But I hope you get your hands on one.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:48 PM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer
The email was sent out to their VIR customers first. I deleted it after placing my order, but as I recall it said that once they're gone they don't anticipate more, or words to that effect. But I hope you get your hands on one.

I'm on their VIR list as well, but I wasn't on-line when it arrived and didn't see it for about 90 minutes. Unfortunately they apparently sold out in 45 minutes
Old 01-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Avid Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdracer
I'm on their VIR list as well, but I wasn't on-line when it arrived and didn't see it for about 90 minutes. Unfortunately they apparently sold out in 45 minutes

They just sent out a consolation email message today with a coupon, FYI.