Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 PM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Default Centuri Space:1999 nose cone

A guy came to me last week and dumped all his old rocketry stuff at my door step, and I've been working on an inventory of it. From the volume of it, I thought there was going to be a lot of good stuff in there, but there was a lot of filler, beat up scraps, etc.

I ended up with the equivalent of three or four Estes Designer Specials, a few built kits in good condition (K27 Honest John, LTV Scout, Saros) , a number of beat-up built kits (an Astron Spaceman without legs, a Streak with no fins and a chewed up nose, a Nike-X with fins missing, a Farside in many pieces with screwed-up coupler-and-card-ring motor mounts, a Scissor Wing that found the ground suddenly a few times), bits and pieces of other kits (parts of an Andromeda and pieces of Alien Invader all over the place... I had to be a forensic investigator to pick out all the AI pieces from seeming scrap balsa!)

One interesting item was the blow-molded spacecraft from the show Space:1999. Fits Centuri ST-10 as a nose cone. In good condition; decals look good.

Is this something that someone would really, really want? Is it something I should keep for the Olde Rocketeers' Reunion next year at NARAM 50? It is something that would fetch a tad of money on EBay?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Dazed and Confused

You never know who might have the kit with a damaged or missing nosecone...and they might have a wad of money burning a hole in their pockets!