Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBadger
Are they still in business, as their web presence has not been changed in about 18 months?

Yes.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Yes.
Well, Scott....I guess you would know. (I nosed around the TMRK site a bit more since my last post, Mr. Hansen)

Thank you.

Is the TMAK9907 and the TMAK9907X the two kits needed to make the current production Estes Saturn V equivalent to the two power plant version that was produced in the 70's? Or is it some other combination of kits for 3 C motors - 1 D motor option in that model.

Curtis

(I hope you were not badly affected the recent heavy rains in your area.)
Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBadger
Is the TMAK9907 and the TMAK9907X the two kits needed to make the current production Estes Saturn V equivalent to the two power plant version that was produced in the 70's? Or is it some other combination of kits for 3 C motors - 1 D motor option in that model.

Curtis

(I hope you were not badly affected the recent heavy rains in your area.)

I believe what you'll need is a 9907X, 9907A and 9907E. Mark would be able to tell you exactly what you need. You can contact him by clicking on the Sales email address on the left side of the page.

I personally wasn't affected by the rain, but I know a number of people that were.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Creator of 'STONE TREK'

I think the advent of privatized space tourism and the like will almost certainly kickstart the hobby, especially for the big-time high power hobbyists. I've seen a shot from an amateur rocket camera from 100,000 ft. I've seen video of a 1:10 scale Saturn V go up and land beautifully... done by 'amateurs.'

How long do you think it'll be before an 'amateur' puts something into orbit? Or puts something on the Moon?

-Brain
Aim for the sucker holes.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Craftsman

Just joined this really neat forum, so this is my first post, so HEY EVERYBODY! It looks like im becoming another one of those BARS also as i was VERY active in rocketry from the 4th grade(1967) thru my middle 20s(which was a long time ago). Last weekend i helped my 2 yougest granddaughters build an alpha and another estes kit and will hopefully be launching them next month at a TTRA club field in Tampa....i also have 7or8 rockets from the old days im going to fly and i cant get over how EXCITED i am about doing this with my g-kids! I am AMAZED at how much actvity there is in the varoius forms of model rocketry these days as i lost touch with the hobby for about 20 years ....now i find myself as excited about building and flying rockets again as i did when i was a 10 year old! A few of the old rockets i have are a 30 year old Big Bertha(of course!), a Centuri Centurian, An Estes D powered V-2 (never launched) and an Estes Jupiter C, also never launched...cant wait to see em go UP! I very much look forward to sharing stories and information with the members on this forum and promise that future posts wont be so long winded!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Craftsman

Exclamation TTRA, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gibson
Just joined this really neat forum, so this is my first post, so HEY EVERYBODY! It looks like im becoming another one of those BARS also as i was VERY active in rocketry from the 4th grade(1967) thru my middle 20s(which was a long time ago). Last weekend i helped my 2 yougest granddaughters build an alpha and another estes kit and will hopefully be launching them next month at a TTRA club field in Tampa....i also have 7or8 rockets from the old days im going to fly and i cant get over how EXCITED i am about doing this with my g-kids! I am AMAZED at how much actvity there is in the varoius forms of model rocketry these days as i lost touch with the hobby for about 20 years ....now i find myself as excited about building and flying rockets again as i did when i was a 10 year old! A few of the old rockets i have are a 30 year old Big Bertha(of course!), a Centuri Centurian, An Estes D powered V-2 (never launched) and an Estes Jupiter C, also never launched...cant wait to see em go UP! I very much look forward to sharing stories and information with the members on this forum and promise that future posts wont be so long winded!

Welcome Bill,

Please do come to next months TTRA launch near Plant City, the one last Saturday got rained out halfway through.

I am a flyer there as well, and have been in/around TTRA for the last 18 years. Just like with anyone else who meets me, you will figure out who I really am pretty quickly....
Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronMike
Welcome Bill,

Please do come to next months TTRA launch near Plant City, the one last Saturday got rained out halfway through.

I am a flyer there as well, and have been in/around TTRA for the last 18 years. Just like with anyone else who meets me, you will figure out who I really am pretty quickly....

Thanks Mike, i will be looking for you! I may be bringing a couple of other folks with me with low power stuff also, if thats okay....i dont know if you play with medium or high power stuff, but i hope to get to possibly talk to someone about a first medium power rocket for GRAMPY!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:24 PM
U.S. Manned Space Program Buff

Quote:

Welcome Bill!

Children and grandchildren are a great way to get back into the hobby. I think that it's great that you are taking some of your old fleet out of "mothballs" and placed back on active duty.

As long as the story is interesting, no one minds stories being a long.

Greg
Old 08-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregGleason
Welcome Bill!

Children and grandchildren are a great way to get back into the hobby. I think that it's great that you are taking some of your old fleet out of "mothballs" and placed back on active duty.

As long as the story is interesting, no one minds stories being a long.

Greg

Thank you for the welcome Greg! Cant wait to see the first ones go up again.....ESPECIALLY the ones my Granddaughters built......look forward to seeing the looks on thier faces when they see the chutes open!(i hope!)
Old 08-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Thanks Mike, i will be looking for you! I may be bringing a couple of other folks with me with low power stuff also, if thats okay....i dont know if you play with medium or high power stuff, but i hope to get to possibly talk to someone about a first medium power rocket for GRAMPY!

Sure, low and mid power is most welcomed here. In fact, my HPR days are long behind me, mainly due to the $$$$ factor, but as you'll see there is plenty of interesting content to do with less motor.

BTW, where are you from? IF you want to fly with a good solid lower power group as well, there is the Orlando ROCK section; they fly every 1st Saturday of the month. Obviously, if you live too far south of Lakeland (where I am from) then this may be too far for you.

Look forward to meeting you in either case.