Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Addicted Collector.. now Rockets

Default Estes Kit Database Website Updates

Considerable effort has been placed into the Estes model rocket kit website of late. Some of the effort is targeting easier and quicker information access for the user while other effort is for new content. Would like to share a brief summary of what's new.

1. The #0659-1299 database page saw the most changes. I merged multiple occurrences of same kit number (packaging varieties) into one field. The result is a cleaner look. Also placed link at each of the K Kit numbers to access the corresponding pictorical guide page for that kit number. So if you want a fast look at the various packaging styles, click on the kit number followed by back to get to the database.

2. I'm editting and standardizing the format of all individual kit pages to have Description, Kit Contents and Availability topics. Also, I've added pertinet hang tag guide or skill level facecard guide links into the individual kit pages. The individual kit pages from #1270-2000 are done. Now I need to update the K Kit and Mini Brute pages.

3. I've added about 25 new kit pages in the past month and most are focused on kits with rainbow hang tags and/or followed by black paper hang tags. Before I left for China, I imaged many of my rainbow hang tag kits to start up those individual pages.

4. I continue to update the #0659-1299 and #1399-1999 databases with recent eBay sales results. The new method is to list the sale price (+shipping) with the sale date in te right most column.

I'm sorry for jumping around at times on this project. The K Kit pictorial guide is still not complete and Mini Brutes are partially started.

I'm also preparing to update the Kit Cross Reference list as Estes has added over 50 new kits since the last time I editted this guide.

Maintaining and build a comprehensive reference guide takes a substantial amount of energy.

I do wish to thank GUS for his kind gift (Kappa 9M 3x18mm rocket kit) as recognition for the effort behind the databases and guides. The generosity and recognition was appreciated.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Sometimes collector

Thank you!!