Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Default Estes GT-3 Gemini Titan Kit Back On Ebay

For anyone who might be interested in picking up an opened older Estes kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Est...AAOSwgY9Xfmt P
Old 07-08-2016, 09:12 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

That JERK is trying to sell that POS kit again on ebay ?!?!
This is the pile of junk that Danny returned to him that had crushed tubes and a bunch of wrong parts in a stapled-shut bag.
Don't fall for this pile of crap.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
That JERK is trying to sell that POS kit again on ebay ?!?!
This is the pile of junk that Danny returned to him that had crushed tubes and a bunch of wrong parts in a stapled-shut bag.
Don't fall for this pile of crap.

Things are not always what they appear to be at first glance. The kit is actually pretty nice. The seller is including a replacement BT-70 for the creased tube. He is also including a nice decal sheet to simplify the finishing (which was a real pain with the original kit and instructions).

Since you insist on bashing the guy (who is not a member here) to hurt his seller's reputation, I think someone should speak on his behalf. He gave Danny a full and prompt refund (after which, by the way, Danny immediately gave him negative feedback, which Ebay later retracted). Danny pulled the rug out from under other bidders who had already placed bids by talking the seller into closing his auction for a private sale. The price he is currently getting is 50% higher than what he accepted from Danny.

My impression of the kit is that it's just fine, and was certainly good value at the price Danny paid. Other people who are currently bidding seem to agree with me.

The seller still has a 100% feedback rating. I urge you to go take a look at the buyer comments associated with his feedback. They are consistently excellent.

So really, what's your beef with the guy? I don't know the seller, but I hate to see folks getting tarred and feathered when it's unwarranted.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Things are not always what they appear to be at first glance. The kit is actually pretty nice. The seller is including a replacement BT-70 for the creased tube. He is also including a nice decal sheet to simplify the finishing (which was a real pain with the original kit and instructions).

For ~$45, to build, that's not bad. The original complaint was the tube and incorrect parts. He's got the parts laid out for all to see. I've never owned a K-21, so what parts are incorrect other than the replacement tube and the bonus decal sheet?
Old 07-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
For ~$45, to build, that's not bad. The original complaint was the tube and incorrect parts. He's got the parts laid out for all to see. I've never owned a K-21, so what parts are incorrect other than the replacement tube and the bonus decal sheet?

I used to have a set of Estes GT-3 plans, and may still have, but I can't find them. So I can only go by the parts list pictorial in the auction photos. From what I can see there, it looks like the seller has tried to lay out the parts in roughly the same way they're presented in the plans pictorial. And the parts look right to me. I was able to dig out some old parts from a vintage Gemini-Titan kit and can verify that the pattern sheet and die cut sheets are correct. Also, all of the tubes are older vintage except for the large BT-70 main body tube, but since this kit is post-Damon, the color of the large tube is consistent with the Estes tubes from the early 1970's. The couplers are correct as are the other small parts. The parachute is correct for the kit. The plastic sheets should have a yellowish color to them, but since they're on the black backing, it's impossible to determine whether or not they do. But from the photos there's no reason to believe they aren't original to that kit. The art card appears to be in nice shape (Danny described it as 'falling apart').

All in all, I like the kit, and I wish I owned it. I would gladly pay what Danny paid for it (you could break that kit up and sell the individual components on Ebay for more than $60).

Joe
Old 07-09-2016, 02:21 PM

The TARRING and FEATHERING are due to his original CROOK CON-GAME he pulled on Danny.
Correcting the parts thereafter does NOT correct his original POS actions this dirtbag seller perpetrated.
PERMANENTLY on my "NEVER to be trusted" list.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
The TARRING and FEATHERING are due to his original CROOK CON-GAME he pulled on Danny.
Correcting the parts thereafter does NOT correct his original POS actions this dirtbag seller perpetrated.
PERMANENTLY on my "NEVER to be trusted" list.

Well, OK. I leave it to the reasonable, fair-minded folks on this forum (and they are hugely in the majority) to come to their own conclusions regarding Tombatony. And that's my last comment on this.

Joe
Old 07-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Old BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
Well, OK. I leave it to the reasonable, fair-minded folks on this forum (and they are hugely in the majority) to come to their own conclusions regarding Tombatony. And that's my last comment on this.

Joe

Agreed!
I saw the original listing. All this over a bent tube, too, which would have cost little to replace. He said the kit was opened even then . When I see that, I always think that's a kit to build, not necessarily to collect. Most of us have the pieces necessary to correct shortcomings. Danny should never have slimed the guy, since he refunded his $$$ immediately. I would not have refunded his $$$ until I had the kit back in my hands in the condition I sent it to him.
GH, mob mentality does not befit you. One has to give a seller a chance. That's only the right, civilized way to conduct business. If I bought something from you (I have, btw), and it was not what you said it was, I would contact you, and we would work it out.
eBay lives matter!
And I sell stuff all the time on eBay.

Allen
Old 07-10-2016, 10:56 AM

The major problem I have here with this seller is that he did one of two things:
Either he
1) deliberately mis-represented the quality of the goods contained in the bag
or
2) FOOLISHLY and IGNORANTLY did not examine the goods carefully to ensure his description was accurate.

EITHER is TOTALLY unacceptable, with one being more heinous than the other.
I know I personally will never deal with this person as a buyer or seller.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Level 3

Default Gemini Titan

Already up to 112.50 for an open rocket that is not that difficult to clone.