Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Kit Collecting
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Scott,

Do you have the original Centuri kit or the Enerjet kit?

Earlier today I emailed the person selling the kit on Ebay and asked if he would be so kind as to scan the decals and a fin and email it to me so I could send it to Scott or JimZ for inclusion with the posted plans. So far I have not had a response.

Although the plans suggest a color scheme, yellow or orange for the body and black for the capsule, has anyone seen a color photo of the Egg Crate?
And if Centuri...the first one with balsa nose cone and transition or the latter with the plastic cone?
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Scott,

Earlier today I emailed the person selling the kit on Ebay and asked if he would be so kind as to scan the decals and a fin and email it to me so I could send it to Scott or JimZ for inclusion with the posted plans. So far I have not had a response.

Although the plans suggest a color scheme, yellow or orange for the body and black for the capsule, has anyone seen a color photo of the Egg Crate?

John Dyer with Red River Rocketry has an original EnerJet version. In this thread I started a while back when I was working on my Egg Crate, he posted a fin pattern and tried to get a shot of the decals but the decals were fuzzy. I'd still like to get a good copy of the decal scan myself because I would like to build another with the accurate fin pattern John Dyer posted

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...21&page=5&pp=10

I finished mine like the color photo at JimZ

There is a RockSim file for the EnerJet version that I made also included in that thread if you are interested.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Scott,

I believe that is Dan Sagstetter of Rocketry Collectors Journal fame who has both those Enerjet kits posted on eBay. It seems Dan has been posting a number of Centuri kits and such the past few months, but his posting of some Enerjet kits is a newer trend. He has been very helpful to me and I was able to purchase my very first starter set -- the Centuri Eagle Power set -- in shrink-wrapped, mint condition. NEVER thought I'd be able to find one like that literally 30 years after my 'original' purchase!

I guess my gut reaction is that those 'starting minimums' might be a bit high (he has some other Centuri kits and starter sets like a mint Black Widow with a starting bid of $199). Again, nice collectables, and he certainly has some nice stuff, but I'd be surprised to see very many 'bites' at some of those starting prices. Then again, who knows!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Scott,

I have the original Centuri kit.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
And if Centuri...the first one with balsa nose cone and transition or the latter with the plastic cone?

It's the first one with the balsa cone.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558