Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
If I was a NAR member, I might... it's never been worth the cost, considering (brace yourselves) I've never even MET another rocketeer I didn't indoctrinate myself. Were I in armsreach of a NAR chapter, I'd probably join and cough up the dues. Not worth it to be a club of one.

Yep.....I'm a club of one. There's suppose to be a club here but I've never seen any one flying on the days they say they do....
Old 06-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Master Modeler

I joined a 'local' club..Been to one launch-my first to an orginized launch event, and had a blast!(pun intended!) BUT, the field they launch from is a 3 hour drive Have a nice big field right here in town I am itching to use, but haven't been able to locate the owner to seek permission..Hopefully can find him/her and I can use the field..Will take along my NAR handbook to show that I do my launches as prescribed..And I suppose a fire extinguisher would help calm those nerves too..

Wish me luck, cause I am itching to push that button!

Irregardless, if I get to use the field or not, by hook or crook, I WILL launch some rockets Saturday! If I have to, I will launch some MMX ones from my front yard! Done it before and with larger and have had pretty good recovery...
SAM #0396
BAR 02/07
NAR 86940
KF4GUL
Aim high, fly straight!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjon
I joined a 'local' club..Been to one launch-my first to an orginized launch event, and had a blast!(pun intended!) BUT, the field they launch from is a 3 hour drive Have a nice big field right here in town I am itching to use, but haven't been able to locate the owner to seek permission..Hopefully can find him/her and I can use the field..Will take along my NAR handbook to show that I do my launches as prescribed..And I suppose a fire extinguisher would help calm those nerves too..

Wish me luck, cause I am itching to push that button!

Irregardless, if I get to use the field or not, by hook or crook, I WILL launch some rockets Saturday! If I have to, I will launch some MMX ones from my front yard! Done it before and with larger and have had pretty good recovery...

The club I actually belong to is 364 miles away. Needless to say, I only make it there when we fly regional NAR competitions. Haven't made a club meeting or sport launch yet.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah
If I was a NAR member, I might... it's never been worth the cost, considering (brace yourselves) I've never even MET another rocketeer I didn't indoctrinate myself.

I know what you mean, Don is the only rocketeer I've ever met outside of the few I indoctrinated and through the years, I don't even know where those guys are now.. I would have never met Don if it wasn't for this forum.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Yep.....I'm a club of one. There's suppose to be a club here but I've never seen any one flying on the days they say they do....

I've tried the last two months to find those guys and never can Won't be wasting time on that any more.

We should launch at Freeman some time. I'll bring my son, best rocket fetcher ever.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmug
I've tried the last two months to find those guys and never can Won't be wasting time on that any more.

We should launch at Freeman some time. I'll bring my son, best rocket fetcher ever.

Dave,
You think some weekend next month I can borrow you? Can use some help on my R&D project I'm doing for NARAM. Maybe we can fly a few other items at the same time.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Dave,
You think some weekend next month I can borrow you? Can use some help on my R&D project I'm doing for NARAM. Maybe we can fly a few other items at the same time.

Absolutely, I'd be glad to help. I'm good for any weekend in July, just give me a couple of days notice. ....You know, to prepare the wife.
Was once SAM#0132