Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2015, 06:24 PM
BP Mafia

Default LOC Precision Mini Rockets

http://www.amazon.com/Loc-Precision...2836511&sr=1-17

I just stumbled onto this ad and others while doing some research for a review. Anyone know anything more? I'm sure it's the fruits of the merger coming forth.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-01-2015, 06:26 PM
BP Mafia

And more where that came from. I like the prices.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_t...&node=165793011

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Old 02-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Out to launch...

LOC put these out a couple years ago, they've all already been discontinued. It's too bad, they're nice little kits. What's left can still be had direct from LOC for ten bucks apiece.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:29 PM
BAR

Yeah, Chadrog's right...

LOC came out with these "downsizes" of their regular HPR offerings... trying to break into the "LPR market" I guess... I don't know why, but they weren't very successful and ended up canceled a couple years back, IIRC... (probably more than a couple).

I remember that LOC was doing some sort of "comic book" type catalog/sales promotions at the time with some sort of "rocket cat" that got "miraculously" turned into some sort of intelligent super-hero through some sort of accident or other... then they expanded it to include the "gray aliens" and some other stuff, with customer's launching their rockets at the end... the "comic book story" on the smaller rockets was these customer's launching their full size LOC rockets and Marvin the Cat (IIRC) was thwarting some evil plans of the gray aliens and knocked their "shrink ray" out of whack and accidentally shrank the customer's rockets in flight, which then drifted back down under chute to a landing as the "mini-rockets" or something...

Wonder where they went with that... I haven't seen anything out of LOC/Precision in awhile to even know how long or if they continued that advertising scheme or where it went...

At least it was creative and interesting, if a bit hammy... fairly entertaining as well... Good for a laugh if nothing else...

Later! OL JR
Old 02-02-2015, 02:03 AM
I do not like Facebook

I saw some of those in a hobby shop recently. At, I think, $19 each, kind of pricey for a simple 3FNC.

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 02-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Craftsman

The parts looked a bit like Starlight parts. I think they made 1,000 of each kit. (if my memory is correct).
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
www.countylinehobbies.com
countylinehobbies@yahoo.com
Old 02-05-2015, 05:35 PM
BP Mafia

The first two arrived yesterday. Very tiny, and my initial impression was that they seemed like a rush job. I built the Lil Big Nuke first, (actually Big Nuke Mini, but that doesn't roll off the tongue the same way.) Body tubes seem beefier. Balsa was nice and hard. Sticker decals of the cheesiest sort. The nose cone appears to be an Estes PNC-50Y. I had it built in about two hours and it turned out pretty well. I think it will be a sturdy A8-3 bird for the upcoming season at B6-4 Field. (Following the reappearance and drying out. Fingers crossed for April.) It's in the paint booth at the moment with a coat of primer. I'm hoping to find the time for Fill & Finish tonight and sanding tomorrow. Launch plans for Saturday look sketchy, so the possibility of this being finished by Sunday is pretty decent.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
aka Baron von Rohde

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
The first two arrived yesterday. Very tiny, and my initial impression was that they seemed like a rush job. I built the Lil Big Nuke first, (actually Big Nuke Mini, but that doesn't roll off the tongue the same way.) Body tubes seem beefier. Balsa was nice and hard. Sticker decals of the cheesiest sort. The nose cone appears to be an Estes PNC-50Y. I had it built in about two hours and it turned out pretty well. I think it will be a sturdy A8-3 bird for the upcoming season at B6-4 Field. (Following the reappearance and drying out. Fingers crossed for April.) It's in the paint booth at the moment with a coat of primer. I'm hoping to find the time for Fill & Finish tonight and sanding tomorrow. Launch plans for Saturday look sketchy, so the possibility of this being finished by Sunday is pretty decent.

Not planning on making the journey?
SAM 0114
NARtrek Silver

2015 motors - 1469 n/s (200 flights)
2016 motors - 1238 n/s (175 flights)
2017 motors - 1/2A-4, A-26, B-52, C-47, D-6, E-7, F-3 = 1238 n/s (138 flights)
2018 motors - 1128 n/s (104 flights)
2019 motors - 2241 n/s (189 flights)
2020 motors(thru 7/25/20) - 1/8A-1, 1/2A-3, A-14, B-23, C-27, D-11, E-6, F-2 = 876 n/s (81 flights)
Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRohde
Not planning on making the journey?

Actually, I am. When I typed that the weather didn't seem to be cooperating, and I'm still skeptical. I'm going to pack the entry way tonight so I can get the car packed and be there for setup.

I miss being SAM 0058

Old 02-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

LOC (Lots of Crafts) is selling the small kits on their website for $10ea in clearance. Does anybody sell the tubes at a discount price?