Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Projects
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Arley's Spaced Out Rocketry

Default The Canaroc Starcruser Warlok project

For weeks I have been working on building the Canaroc Starcruser Warlock, and I have to say that it was not easy. The instructions are hard to read and understand. For example you do not know were the motor goes until you read the flight instructions, as is the case for the launch lug as will that’s were you find out the launch rod goes between the cavity of the Two Support Bulkheads. It also dose not mission that the angle cut on the Strike Vehicle body tube is a different angle than the other tubes so one side of the Strike Vehicle mounting tube needs to be cut at the same angle.

In my rocket I also added an Engine Hook and block, I also changed a couple of things for example the only rod that would fit in the cavity was a 1/8” rod and for this rocket that’s to small a launch rod. So I glued a 3/16” plastic launch lug in the cavity and then glued two Craft sticks on the sides of the Support Bulkheads after sanding the ends to match the tubes. And of Crosse I glued a 3/16” Launch Lug down between the fin section to match up with the Launch Lug between the Bulkheads.

I also wish to thank Andy Andres for the loan of the Gun Turret Panel that made this rocket a reality.

The picture was taken at our club meeting; the rocket is close to being painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  unfinished Warlock at club meeting.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  27.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Warlock Bulkhead - Launch Lug.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  14.8 KB  

Last edited by Arley Davis : 09-14-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 PM
German Model Rocket Builder

Thumbs up

Wow, that thing looks sweet

Any close-up pictures of your beauty?

My rocket fleet and more @ Leo's Leisure Site and on YouTube - My latest project: ALTDuino
Old 09-14-2005, 04:36 PM

I am sorry put no for the camera I have dose not take good close-ups so all I have is some construction pictures. Once I have the rocket finished and the decals applied I will get my brother to come over and take some better pictures of the completed rocket.

Here is a black and white picture of the rocket taken from the Canaroc Catalog; it shows a better view of all the work that goes into such a complicated rocket. In case you were wondering the glider has a 14” wing span, and there are 10 different body tubes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Canaroc Warlock Picture.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  28.9 KB  
Old 09-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Old School Rocketeer

Nice work, Arley!

How did test throws of the glider go?

For those that haven't seen it, a graphic of where the engine sits....

Later,
EV
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Warlock Engine.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  30.7 KB  
Old 09-14-2005, 04:58 PM

It dived a little and since the nose cone is an exact copy of the original it stated to slide up the tube, even the original nose cone is to small for the Boby tube. So I hollowed the nose cone out some more for I drilled out the back of my clone to make it lighter and so if needed clay could be added. Next I used J-B weld to glue the nose cone on, I figured I would test it one more time with the guns applied to the Glider to see how will it works.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Arley,

Great looking rocket! My next endeavour if you can supply the body panels . If not, I guess it'll be a 'close' clone. I'm going to try the Antares also. Make sure we get a flight report.

Don
NAR 53455
Old 09-15-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Yes I can provide the plastic parts.

Yes I can provide the panels and other plastic parts. I was hoping to do a page of helpful hints to send with the plastic parts, so it would be easier for others to build the kit and not make some of the mistakes I did. Put I need to finish my rocket first and wait tall the first of next month for more cash.

If you want the parts I decided to sale them for $28.00 that includes 2 large panels, 1 Small Panel, 1 Gun turret Panel, the small hollowed out Glider cockpit nose cone, and the tubes to make 6 guns. I will also send you a copy of the BT-400 or BT-60 Nose cone so you can order it from Balsa Machining Services.

If you still want the parts send check or money order to my address below, It may take a week or two for I need more plastic and I am broke at this time, and will order more with the $28.00. I am sorry or I could have made up the parts now so you could have them sooner put even my Display Stands are not selling.

I forgot I will also need $4.00 for Shipping for a total of $32.00 for the Warlock Plastic Parts.

Arley Davis
C/O Spaced out Rocketry
2018 “I” Street
Omaha NE, 68107

Last edited by Arley Davis : 09-15-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Thanks Arley.....I'm a patient person so you don't have to rush. $28 beats buying the kit for, what was it on e-bay, over $300? I'll have a check out to you tomorrow.

Don
NAR 53455
Old 09-15-2005, 12:12 PM

Andy Told me he payed over $500.00 for the Warlok on ebay, Thats more than most Large High Power kits. I payed about $260.00 for the Ptradactyl years ago.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  MY rocket 1 Jpeg.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  45.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  MY rocket 2 Jpeg.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  29.0 KB  

Last edited by Arley Davis : 09-15-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:56 PM

Dear Barone
I forgot the Shiping charges to send you the parts, If you can could you add $4.00 for Shiping cost, If you have sent the money already thats ok for it was my falt, I have a lot on my mind, and I will pay shipping out of my pocket.