Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein
Well, yes, that was the SF story justification for it, but behind that was Roddenberry's and Theiss' desire to thumb their noses at the Censors.

Interestingly, Roddenberry and wife Majel did finally resurrect the character of Dylan Hunt in Kevin Sorbo's character in the series "Andromeda". They took the Genesis II concept and took it into space.

Yeah... well, there's a lot of those "backstories" for why things were done the way they were done...

As for Dylan Hunt, well, they may have 'resurrected' the character name, but Alex Cord MADE that role... and "Andromeda" wasn't particularly good or interesting IMHO anyway... Gene actually tried three times with "Genesis II"-- he made three different pilots, the latter two using John Saxon as the lead character... NONE of his attempts got greenlighted...

Course his "The Questor Tapes" never got greenlighted either and he 'resurrected' the idea of Questor when he made Data on ST:TNG. Shame that "Gary Seven" never got picked up either... the Star Trek episode was to be the lead-in episode for the new series... I think it would have been pretty interesting.

Later! OL JR

PS. Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln figured prominently in the "Khan Noonien Singh" novels (two or three of them). They had several run-ins with Khan and his "supermen" in the late 20th/early 21st century before Khan was exiled from Earth...

Hear tell that in some novel or other, Zarabeth actually gave birth to Spock's child in the Sarpeidon Ice Age, and his descendants played crucial roles in the story later on...
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM
BAR

Well, I gotta say, Grace Lee Whitney had it goin' on! I saw an old B&W episode of the Twilight Zone the other night where she shot her boyfriend, and she was EXTREMELY HOT in that one!!!! (must've been a few years before Trek).

Let's not forget Yeoman Mears (Phyllis Douglas) from "The Galileo Seven"...

Also, Julie Cobb was very attractive in "By Any Other Name"...

Later! OL JR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  grace lee whitney.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  199.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Yeoman Rand.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  16.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Yeoman Mears.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  16.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Julie Cobb.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  20.7 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Trek demotivation poster.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  48.2 KB  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 AM
BAR

I'd have to say my fave TOS bad girl was the Romulan Commander (Joanne Linville)...

Might just have to surrender!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Joanne Linville.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  24.8 KB  
Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
You are leaving out some good ones!

Who Mourns for Adonais?

Wink of an Eye

Requiem for Methuselah

This goofy thing wouldn't let me post pictures...

Gotta agree with you on Louise Sorel... I think she's the genuinely "most beautiful" of the Star Trek women... Those big brown eyes just make me melt...

Later! OL JR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Louise Sorel (Rayna Kapac).jpg
Views: 114
Size:  24.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Louise Sorel.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  9.5 KB  
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 AM
Master Modeler

I went to one of the lovely ladies' website and they had a vid of an upcoming con she was going to attend and as background music they were playing the opening theme from the British TV series UFO, why I have no reason, but it gives me a segue into this (at the time) young lady.

I guess if I can't have a red head, purple hair will do if it's on Gabrielle Drake's head. The first picture is of her "changing" the style of the uniform they wore, which was shown in the pilot episode. Seeing her remove each legging and sleeve was like a slow striptease.

The purple hair was a part of their "moonbase" uniform and one of the episodes showed her off of the moonbase down on earth without it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a cold shower waiting after thinking about that wardrobe change.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  ellisClothesChange-T.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  21.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  ellisCloseup-T.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  18.4 KB  

Starport Sagitta Rockets
email bherman@sagittarockets.com

NAR # 97971 SR

What's your idea on the best way to change Washington D.C.?
Let us know at the Cantina
Sagitta Cantina

We're looking for a few good Catos, please tell us about any you may have had. Survey of Anecdotal Malfunctioning Engines or S.A.M.E.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Hear tell that in some novel or other, Zarabeth actually gave birth to Spock's child in the Sarpeidon Ice Age, and his descendants played crucial roles in the story later on...

Yup - "Yesterday's Son " by A.C. Crispin. There was a second book by the same author that involved the same characters and a malfunctioning Guardian of Forever...."Time for Yesterday".

Which leads to....no votes for Joan Collins as Edith Keeler in "City on the Edge of Forever"? Too modestly dressed, perhaps?
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 10-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Quote:
Yeah... well, there's a lot of those "backstories" for why things were done the way they were done...

As for Dylan Hunt, well, they may have 'resurrected' the character name, but Alex Cord MADE that role... and "Andromeda" wasn't particularly good or interesting IMHO anyway... Gene actually tried three times with "Genesis II"-- he made three different pilots, the latter two using John Saxon as the lead character... NONE of his attempts got greenlighted...

Course his "The Questor Tapes" never got greenlighted either and he 'resurrected' the idea of Questor when he made Data on ST:TNG. Shame that "Gary Seven" never got picked up either... the Star Trek episode was to be the lead-in episode for the new series... I think it would have been pretty interesting.

Later! OL JR

PS. Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln figured prominently in the "Khan Noonien Singh" novels (two or three of them). They had several run-ins with Khan and his "supermen" in the late 20th/early 21st century before Khan was exiled from Earth...

Speaking of other pilots created by Roddenberry that never got the green light, my favorite was Spectre, staring Robert Culp and Gig Young:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076745/

It got away from sf into the supernatural, and was a lot of fun.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Paper Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic
I went to one of the lovely ladies' website and they had a vid of an upcoming con she was going to attend and as background music they were playing the opening theme from the British TV series UFO, why I have no reason, but it gives me a segue into this (at the time) young lady.

I guess if I can't have a red head, purple hair will do if it's on Gabrielle Drake's head. The first picture is of her "changing" the style of the uniform they wore, which was shown in the pilot episode. Seeing her remove each legging and sleeve was like a slow striptease.

The purple hair was a part of their "moonbase" uniform and one of the episodes showed her off of the moonbase down on earth without it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a cold shower waiting after thinking about that wardrobe change.

No fair, Bernard - this is hawt women of ST-TOS. No Thread-Jacking allowed here!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernomatic

Oh, the hottness of it all!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Craftsman

Quote:

Also, Julie Cobb was very attractive in "By Any Other Name"...

Julie Cobb was for a time married to Zefram Cochrane.

Follow us on Facebook

Even the best of friends cannot attend each others' funeral.